The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Booby Cay - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Booby Cay (/showthread.php?tid=100077)

Booby Cay - Tanfastic - 03-09-2014

Anyone done the day trip to Booby Cay with the snorkeling & the lobster lunch? Trying to figure out if it's worth it and a fun way to spend the day, any recommendations on who to use if we decide to go?

6 month still we go home, it can't come soon enough!

RE: Booby Cay - oldtimer - 03-09-2014

The last time I was there was 2 years ago and it was pretty dirty.There are copious amounts of cats there and tons of garbage. We didn't stay. This Nov I plan on taking my grandkids to Rhodes Hall Plantation for the day. It is BIG fun and lots of stuff to do if you want.

RE: Booby Cay - kylake - 03-09-2014

Tanfastic, I have heard the same thing OT mentioned about feral cats using it as a big litter box. I hear people, instead of euthanizing the feral cats, take them out to Booby and drop them off.
I believe Rhodes hall has free pickup and drop off if you are in the Negril area. Not sure what their schedule is but you could check on their website.
http://www.rhodesresort.com/

Also Half Moon beach is not a bad day trip. It has no reefs but the snorkeling is not bad (not great but not bad). Several starfish and a ray and eel the last time I was there a also plenty of urchins so watch where you step if you try to stand up in the shallows.

RE: Booby Cay - Blues Pirate - 03-09-2014

The snorkeling right at Booby Cay is very poor.

RE: Booby Cay - rootswoman - 03-09-2014

Its been years for me but the guys who take you out to the reef to snorkel will (in least they always used to) bring you to Bobby Cay. That short stop was enough for me - a day there would be tough. I personally wouldn't do it- And i too would much rather spend a day at the lovely half moon beach - and if you want lobsters maybe you can call and see if they can get some for you ahead of time

At Half Moon you have a clean restroom , fresh water and shelter from the sun.

Another nice place to spend a day is at Xtabi. Its easy peasy and your not stranded on a small dirty island with no facilities. You can use their facilities, have a nice lunch, snorkel and explore the caves.

RE: Booby Cay - Tanfastic - 03-09-2014

Thanks for the replies, good to know it's not worth it. There will be 6 of us and will look into another type of excursion and look at the suggestions made. Most of the time sand gravity take over so it's a chore some days unless we plan something.