The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip (/showthread.php?tid=100132)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-17-2014

Back again! Nice that our once a year trip has seemed to become a twice a year trip. November is our usual time. February has become a 2nd trip. Looking into June for a third this year, as well.

Always nice to finally arrive. Have a cold Red Stripe, and in a few minutes, on the way to Negril!

[attachment=215]

Made it in time to catch a cloudy, but still beautiful sunset.

[attachment=216]

The first few days I was solo. My wife recently started a new job, and has much less leave that I do now. She also has no real desire to stay up until 4 am to see a reggae show. We decided Bob Marley's Birthday would be the perfect time to go. I could get all of my late night's out of the way, and she would join me later in the week.

The first night I was able to attend was "Legends Night." Bob Andy, Scratch Perry, and John Holt were the headliners, and I had been really looking forward to it. I was not disappointed.

The first of the headliners to perform, Bob Andy, was also my favorite performance of the week. It really makes a difference when an artist brings his own musicians, as opposed to simply using the "house band." Don't get me wrong, the house band is usually very good. But the addition of his own musicians put Bob Andy's set over the top. Just a wonderful singer, and a wonderful set.

[attachment=217]

[attachment=218]

[attachment=219]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-17-2014

Lee "Scratch" Perry was next, and it was great to see the legend in person.

[attachment=220]

And then it was time for John Holt, who put on a fantastic show. Great songs, great crowd, great time. A wonderful night of reggae.

[attachment=225]

[attachment=227]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - wendy - 03-17-2014

YAHOOOOOO.....keep the report and pics coming

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Sophie - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 07:44 PM)wendy Wrote:  YAHOOOOOO.....keep the report and pics coming

What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - rootswoman - 03-17-2014

Wow! Fantastic picture and report!!
Yippie! yes please do
keep it coming!

The following night, "Bands Night", showcased a few of the up and coming new reggae bands.

Dubkor started the night out with a nice set of roots reggae. Good singer, good band, I would see them again.

[attachment=229]

Kabaka Pyramid was up next. A very entertaining set. He is very political, with thoughtful lyrics. I wasn't sure how my right-wing friends would respond to his "Down with Capitolism" chant he got going through the crowd, but I certainly appreciate the intelligent lyrics. The band was also wonderful. The lead guitarist had almost a heavy metal style in a roots reggae format, and the the keyboardist was obviously a highly trained and talented jazz keyboardist. A really nice set, and expect to see more of him/them.

[attachment=231]

[attachment=232]

I really didn't even want to come this night. I'm really too old to stay up until 3/4 am on three straight nights. But then I started checking out the headliner, Raging Fyah, on Youtube.

Anyways, I couldn't get that song out of my head for days, so yeah, I was going to have to go. Good decision, as I loved the first two bands, and Raging Fyah also did not disappoint. Just a five piece, which seems small after seeing the much larger bands. But they really have a great sound, the talent is there, and these guys should go somewhere.

[attachment=233]

Another great night of reggae. Crowd was a bit disappointing, after a much larger turn out the night before, but it was an enthusiastic crowd and was treated to a great night of music.

With all of these late nights, didn't do much else besides sleep the first few days. Did manage to take some pics on a nice walk into town.

[attachment=235]

[attachment=236]

[attachment=237]

[attachment=239]

And that damn blob in the middle of my pics is really annoying the hell out of me. I think its a scratch on the lens. Iphone5. Gonna have to get that checked out. It's on all the pics. Sad

[attachment=238]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - kylake - 03-17-2014

Kiknback, thanks for the nice report and all the pictures!

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - booger - 03-18-2014

Kicking back waiting for the next installment......

Love that river pic man.

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Schuttzie - 03-18-2014

So nice to share these, Kicknback! Can't wait for more.Flowerz