The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip (/showthread.php?tid=100132)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-18-2014

One more night of the Bob Marley Bash, and it had been a great time so far. And it is really hard to complain - Marcia Griffiths was wonderful. She is a great singer, brought out Scratch Perry for a great tribute to Bob, a great show. I really would have been happy to pay $20 for the show that I saw. Unfortunately, me and most in the crowd were there to see Luciano, and, to a much lesser extent, Kenyatta Hill. I guess I have been lucky so far with the no-shows, but that really was a bummer way of ending a great festival.

[attachment=255]

[attachment=256]

Home in bed at a reasonable (1:45am) hour... Hummingbird would be arriving tomorrow.

Everyone in Jamaica has several names, it seems. I have several friends, both Jamaican and Ex-Pat, that I have known for years, consider good friends, and I have absolutely no clue about their real names.

My wife was dubbed "Hummingbird" by a friend last trip, and its kinda stuck. Fitting with her personality.

This trip we were going to try to give me a good Jamaican name. We were talking about this over an afternoon at Red Dragon. We were hanging out with a group of bikers that regularly hang out there. They were asking why I didn't have a bike. They said I look like I should have a biker name, "roadhog" or something like that. Well, my wife would love for me to have a Harley, but hell no! I have no sense of balance, I drink, I smoke, if I ever got on the back of a bike, I'd be Roadkill!

That was it. I was now "Roadkill."

"Roadkill and Hummingbird". That really had a nice ring to it. That's a great couple's name.

All of the Americans and Canadians seemed to agree. Unfortunately, we are in Jamaica. And every Jamaican I talked to, without exception, HATED it. Absolutely would not go along with it. Oh well, the search goes on. Still just Paul and Hummingbird, apparently. Although Colette says she will have a good Jamaican name for me when we get back. We'll see.

[attachment=257]

And speaking of multiple names, one of my favorite people in the world is Connie/Dawn over at Jenny's/C&D Country Western Pub. As many of you probably know, she used to run a small bar, 10 Square Feet of Texas. A few years ago, she moved over to her Mother's old restaurant, Jenny's, and combined the two businesses, now dubbed 50 square feet of Texas.

Well anyways, someone has moved into her old location next door, the old 10 sq. feet place. Connie/Dawn had apparently been assured that it would not be a bar moving in.

Well, it is a bar. And they are totally stealing her concept. "Hillbillies" is the name, with a country music theme and all of that. I guess she cannot copyright the idea, but this just seems really sleazy. I can assure you that I will never set foot into "Hillbillies."

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - daniel - 03-18-2014

welcome and thanks for the pics . One of the reasons we go in feb. is to see some shows . I couldn't make it out of the yard this year , but , there is next .

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - booger - 03-18-2014

What is interesting about the new bar next to Jenny's is it's her sister who set up shop. WTF?

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Bruce - 03-19-2014

Cool report and pictures!

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - oldtimer - 03-20-2014

Nice pics Roadkill...sleazy in Jamaica...you have to be kidding.[/i]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Schuttzie - 03-21-2014

Wow, that is not sisterly at all.

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-21-2014

A few random beach pics

[attachment=276]

[attachment=277]

[attachment=278]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-21-2014

We've been coming pretty regularly the past few years, so haven't done as much of the "touristy" stuff the past few trips, unless we are bringing newbies with us. The main exception to this is the One Love Bus. Its crowded, and been to most every place already. But still, always have a good time on the Drunk Bus. Lenbert is a great host, and still finds places that are new or we haven't been to yet. Two new places this trip. I forget the name of the first place, locals type of place with a pool table down a lane off the main road near Mi Yard. And got to check out Skybar, which just recently opened. Nice to visit them, as well as some of the usual spots. And always fun to chat with the all-inclusive folks that are scared they are outside the gates of the resort!

Lenbert!
[attachment=279]

[attachment=280]

[attachment=281]

Last stop, Bella Donna's, got to meet Frankie Paul!
[attachment=282]