The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip (/showthread.php?tid=100132)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-21-2014

(03-18-2014, 07:56 PM)booger Wrote:  What is interesting about the new bar next to Jenny's is it's her sister who set up shop. WTF?

I knew it was a relative, didn't know it was her sister though!

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - JamaGinger - 03-23-2014

Thanks, Kiknback for the pictures. I really wanted to go that week, but I had to wait a few more weeks to get a better plane fare. I feel like I was there now!

Did you make it down to the Boat Bar? I believe it was the two of us who were discussing who was playing there this year.

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 03-27-2014

I got upgraded to a "featured" and "important" thread!  Woohoo!  Finally made the big leagues...

But yeah, love the Boat Bar!  I was additionally happy when I saw this sign saying that they were playing on Wednesdays in addition to Fridays!

[attachment=344]

Unfortunately, the "3-8 pm" that was listed on the sign was just a rumor.  Headed there around 5, I could hear the music, but was drawn to Tony's next door for a drink first.  Finished up, headed over, just to hear them ending their set at 6.  Oh well.  We did manage to see a bit of the band on Friday, and Otis Gayle and friends are doing just fine.  

November is our normal time to come.  I think I prefer that time as well.  Less people, no need to fight for shade, etc.  I love the entertainment and all in February, but not quite as peaceful.  Although you can still find a little peace if you want it.  This is maybe my favorite place in Negril, the woodsy part of the beach just past Cosmos.  I would usually go for a walk in the morning and end up here for a few minutes to unwind a bit.

[attachment=345]

[attachment=346]

[attachment=347]

[attachment=348]
[/font]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - rootswoman - 03-29-2014

This is a great report - thank you so much for sharing it here with us!

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - rastagirl777 - 03-30-2014

I agree about February - I arrive in November and (sometimes) leave mid-February, after "party week".  Moreso than Christmas I find February to be almost frenetic in town.  I enjoy being there at that time though because a lot of my friends come down late January/early February and stay till March or April so I get a chance to see and be with those folks.  Boy, back in the day that first week of February was a killer!  Donkey Races in Little Bay, Fat Tyre Festival in Negril, Bob Marley birthday shows, my birthday and of course the best party in Negril - PeeWee's birthday bashment.  I needed another week in the yard just to vacation from my vacation in those years!

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Raine - 03-31-2014

Loved the pics especially the ones with the ocean...great the for sharing.

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 04-04-2014

Thanks for the kind words...  sorry for the lack of updates.  Just a few more pics, really, I will try to post the rest this weekend.

A sad pic, a memorial on the beach in front of White Sands.
[attachment=461]

One of these days I will try Tedd's specialty.  Been many years at this point.  I will have a slice of his cake, though, my favorite in Negril.   Nothing like a slice of cake on the way back to the airport to make the realization that you are going home more bearable.
[attachment=462]

A nice party at Collette's, one of my favorite bars and one of my favorite people in Negril
[attachment=463]
[/font]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 04-10-2014

A puppy sitting by the side of the road
[attachment=491] 

Hod Dog stand on the beach in front of Sunquest/ The old Wild Parrot/ Patrick's on the Beach.  Great hot dogs and sausage!  We went here a few times on the trip.
[attachment=492]

Musicians on the beach.
[attachment=493]

A pretty sunset.
[attachment=494]

Another pretty sunset.
[attachment=495]

[/font]

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - Kiknback - 04-10-2014

We were having drinks at Red Dragon one afternoon, when we heard some excitement coming down the road.  A funeral procession!  

[attachment=496]

[attachment=497]

[attachment=498]

That's all for now.  Another wonderful trip.  Soon come back.

RE: Pics and a few thoughts from recent trip - rootswoman - 04-10-2014

Fun pictures - I am really enjoying them.
That is the Green Bay crew in front of Colette's - They are a great group of peeps.