The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Daddy Ron - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Daddy Ron (/showthread.php?tid=100159)

Pages: 1 2

Daddy Ron - Sundowner - 03-24-2014

I just heard Daddy Ron died a couple of days ago.  Does anyone have more information?  Wendy, maybe?  I know his health was declining but didn't have a chance to talk to him when I was there last.

RE: Daddy Ron - oldtimer - 03-25-2014

Yes it is true . I've known Ron Arthurs for over 40 years and his cousin called me yesterday to tell me the bad news !!! The pic he had of the 1st offical tourists in Negril were of the Firestone Tire Co. He treasured that pic so much and would show it to any one and then a bunch of people were there and he didn't get it back !!!! It was a " one of " and that broke his heart but not his kindness !!!! I loved the guy to death !!! I hope who ever didn't return the pic certainly is happy with it . Bad Karma going their way !!! At one time all the beach along their from Yellowbird to the sundowner and the Golden Sunset and Alfred's and all that land was Arthur land . He WILL !!!!!!!!!!!! be missed. One of the few people I have met in Jamaica that I could trust !!!!!

RE: Daddy Ron - Tammy - 03-25-2014

I didn't even want to open this thread as I felt my heart sink. Daddy Ron was the best and had a smile that could light a room. I never took a trip that I didn't spend a little time with him and give him a hug. Many times I would sneak away from everyone at the party next door and they would find me eventually sitting at the bar at Daddy Ron's. It's a sad day today. RIP My Friend You will never be forgotten.

RE: Daddy Ron - Bruce - 03-25-2014

I am so sorry to hear about this. I obviously did not know him as well as many of you, but he must have been one great guy. Charles spoke about him as if he was his father. He apparently guided Charles a bit to make sure he stayed on the right path.
RIP Ron.

[attachment=321]

RE: Daddy Ron - Sundowner - 03-25-2014

His was one of the few places you could go as a single female back in the day and always feel safe.  There was always a crew of "characters" hanging out there & they could get pretty animated, but Daddy Ron didn't stand for any crap, so you knew they were pretty harmless - basicaly just entertainment!  We had some good times there.  He was an icon on the beach & will be missed by many.  RIP, Daddy Ron.

RE: Daddy Ron - goldilocks - 03-25-2014

Sad, sad news. I spent many an evening at Arthur's Beach Restaurant listening to Alfred's. I just liked it better over there. Daddy Ron was always very kind to me.

RE: Daddy Ron - Sundowner - 03-25-2014

Now, this is very strange.  I just talked to my husband, who talked to Dougie, Ronnie's son, this morning - and Dougie said his father is alive!  Hubby is going to go over to the bar this aft and see what he can learn.  I wonder if maybe the family just wants to keep it private, or ???

RE: Daddy Ron - oldtimer - 03-25-2014

I called Sweetie Arthur's back on that and she said this is what they told her. That is the best I can do.

RE: Daddy Ron - Tammy - 03-25-2014

I just got an email from Jamaica saying they had talked to his daughter and he was very much alive. So sad and infuriating that people would start such a rumor. Seems we all fell victim again to the chat in Jamaica. Please say a Prayer for Daddy Ron and keep him in your thoughts. I hope he feels the love we all have for him.

RE: Daddy Ron - dave - 03-25-2014

Praise Jah he's still w/us
mi heart sank when I read the first couple of posts in this thread.
Feel like I was on a rollercoaster...