The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
bees getting started - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: bees getting started (/showthread.php?tid=100180)

bees getting started - mudfire - 03-30-2014

~https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s526x395/10003921_495572927213598_321901514_n.jpg
this is a pic of the bottom of my bee hive.you can see the entrance where the 2 corks are.as you can see,there are a lot of dead bees lying on the insulation there.these are bees that have died during the winter and dropped to the bottom of the hive.since it is warming up now the bees are cleaning out all the  dead bees so that they are ready to start getting pollen when the rains come and the flowers start to bloom.till then,ill feed them 50% sugar and 50% water solution to get them going

RE: bees getting started - rootswoman - 03-30-2014

Mud - Id love to see the Bees

there are two reply buttons - the quick reply and the regular reply - if you try pushing on the regular reply there will be a place to upload pictures -

If it is too big it needs to be resized before you can post. If you need help resizing look at the thread at the top "Board tips and tricks" and there is a link to a free picture downsizer that you download to your computer. After you download it it is a simple right click to resize your pictures.

RE: bees getting started - kylake - 03-30-2014

Mud, I guess spring is really coming from TN and downward with bees working where you are and blue birds today (first time this year) were starting to move nesting material into the box they have used for years.

RE: bees getting started - mudfire - 03-31-2014

got some bad news.i opened the hive up all the way cause the temp was in the 60s.what I found was that all the bees were dead.that last cold spell we had did them in.the really bad part is,before they died they had eaten all the honey,so I get nothing.this year im going to open the hive when it get really cold to kill the bees.that way ill get a bunch of honey.the only thing bad about that is,ill have to buy new bees every year.got some pics of the open hive,but there in my phone and I don't know how to get them on here from the phone.i sent them to my facebook but I don't know how to get them from face book to here.sorry

RE: bees getting started - Angel - 03-31-2014

Oh Mud sorry to hear about the bees, know you were looking forward to the honey. I hope you can figure out how to get the honey and not have to kill the bees.

RE: bees getting started - Bruce - 03-31-2014

I am very sorry to hear this Mud.

RE: bees getting started - mudfire - 03-31-2014

got some good news today.i found 2 two pound packages of Italian bees.same kind I got last year.ill have 2 hives then so should make for some interesting pics.this year I will get some honey.i told the guy I bought my bees from what happened this year and that I planned to kill them when it gets cold.he told me that people who have top bar hives like I got don't have enough space in the hive to feed them when there honey runs low like mine did so that the best thing to do is kill them and collect the honey,so that's what ill do,

RE: bees getting started - Angel - 03-31-2014

Ok looking forward to pictures of your bees and honey.