The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Picture Report 2014 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Picture Report 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=100208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Picture Report 2014 - DAWN - 04-11-2014

[attachment=507]
[attachment=508]
[attachment=509]
[attachment=510]
[attachment=506] 

RE: Picture Report 2014 - DAWN - 04-11-2014

[attachment=511]
[attachment=512]
[attachment=513]
[attachment=514]
[attachment=515]

RE: Picture Report 2014 - DAWN - 04-11-2014

[attachment=516]
[attachment=517]
[attachment=518]
[attachment=519]
[attachment=520]

RE: Picture Report 2014 - DAWN - 04-12-2014

Travel day
Had a bit of trouble getting to sleep considering I went to bed at 6 pm...cold was kicking my as and I still had enough wash and tidying to do. Hadn't had anything to eat all day so I got back up and made toast and eggs. Before you know my a
Alarm with birds tweeting is going off. Perfect,
I had watched the weather and it said maybe freezing rain and snow in the am. Woke to an almost full moon and no precipitation. Mom and dad came to get me at 4 am and I was ready. I decided to drive the jeep to airport as dad navigated the gps. His gps was worthless but we found it anyway. I flew AirTran which flies out of the Humphrey terminal...easy peasy, and once thru the check line, I was right I front of my gate.
The new suitcase I love.. Can you believe my bags only weighed 40 full? I am usually weighing, taking out, moving crap around at the last minute, this time NOT! Thank you ebag!
I got settled in my seat to Atlanta and a young mother came to me and asked if I would switch to the other side window. No problem. It was a young couple heading to Puerto Rico with about a 10 month old. PERFECT baby...they are going to have a wonderful time? They offered me free drink tickets for southwest but sadly I'm flying AirTran this trip.
As I took my seat there was a guy in the middle and when they closed the doors he moved over and we had the Only open seat on the plane between us. Sweet.
Had 3 hours to kill before the final leg so after walking 1-17 gates a couple times to see what was available I decided a BBQ joint. Hot wings and a really expensive Bloody Mary. The waitress was so good and friendly, the time passed quickly. Of course she wanted to hop in my carry on and come with. There was a jamaican family waiting to fly home. Mom, Dad and a little girl who appeared just got her walking wheels. She was all over with mamma following..entertaining us all while we waited.
The moon was shining bright from my seat as the sun rose in the other side. I opted for hot tea, lemon and rum...way better than brandy for this cold stuffy head thing.

Day two roaring river
Plan was to be in the road by ten and that is just what happened. Early morning tidying and even a little laundry in the sink. As usual, I brought too many clothes and I had a tough time finding something perfect for the road trip. Because I took too much sun at xtabi yesterday I had to settle on something that wouldn't scratch the burn. Only three different option were tried to find the outfit of the day. Host made a delightful breakfast to set us straight for the day.
Pit stop at the gas station for supplies and off to meet the rest of the crew. Just a little glitch with one of our chariots but we with some help we were on the road to Roaring river. I just love a ride thru the countryside. Eye dessert going by as fast as you can process it. Wind whipping my locks and the sun kissing what ever part of me she can reach.
We had our guide, Dr Scott meet us on the road in and he hopped in the one seat car. What a nice little community. He then started our hike. Lots of construction going on and the blue hole that I had never seen before was now surrounded by fence and construction. We peeked in the gate and my eyes were absolutely amazed at the beautiful color.
As we walked the path our guide was picking bush and little slips of plants. Some he used to dust off the pace where we were going to head In the water. The bush was ceracee and he gave most of us a scrub with it. Our spot looks like a natural lap pool only with cute little fishy's swimming with us. I was the first one in and while it was cold at first, I quickly adjusted to the temp. You are not so buoyant in it but it is equally as soft as the sea, Fresh! We all sat around and visited and enjoyed the company and the scenery.
We then carried on our trek up and over a hill/mountain! The view and scenery was spectacular! I had been here in maybe 1988 and it was not a pleasant experience. Too many people/kids wanting to help guide you and of course wanting compensation. One of the reasons I had never been back. So glad my opinion was changed and corrected! Thank you dr Scott for taking care of us.
Off to sav la mar for a little Chinese at Little Tokyo. It was pretty good. Soon we were home and I was sleepy but a shower to was the road off woke me up enough to stay vertical. After spinning thru our pictures I went to bed early.

Day three nice and easy..sweet breakfast with hot tea made with the wild basil and lemon grass I picked on our roaring river trip. Produce guy stopped late morning and we got pretty much a pound of everything on the truck. Irish, sweet Irish, green beans, scotch and sweet pepper, onion, carrot, callalou, tomato, cucumber, banana, and scallion with a bunch of thyme chaser. Our basket over floweth.
I was sitting in the yard and spotted some kids thru the fence even thou they didn't see me. They were dragging a table and the round chair bottom. My eyes were bouncing around and when I look again, they have chair bottom on top of table with a rope tying it together and then riding it like a horse. Next glance I see Grampa come out and stop they play and put them to work. One got a rake and one a big bag. It think the task was to pick up the almonds on the ground.
There is a big ship in town today, which I first learned from one the grounds keeper on my way to the produce truck. I didn't look then but next time out the gate...wow!
I was in the bathroom "the other day" and heard a pooch whining. I look out and there is a dog just like my Lady only 50 lbs lighter in the road.. I kissed my teeth and he spotted me in the window and wagged his tail jus like my girl.
I am constantly hearing squawking and don't think it's a bad thing.. It's parrots flying over. Just about snap my neck trying to spot them. There seem to be lots of little showers that happen throughout the day. I'm telling you the birds come alive and make such sweet noises then.
Lots of music flowing throughout the hood. It's usually clear enough to hear but I have idea where it is coming from.
I walked to town today and stopped By Lena and Lester graves. I was sad to see leaves and stick all around..so I tidied it up and left my blessing. I couldn't help but notice the night In blooming jasmine planted at the top.

RE: Picture Report 2014 - Angel - 04-12-2014

Good to see this Dawn, thank you for posting.

[attachment=521]
[attachment=522]
[attachment=523]
[attachment=524]
[attachment=525]

RE: Picture Report 2014 - wendy - 04-12-2014

SWEET photos dawn, i havent been to RR since 2008

[attachment=526]
[attachment=527]
[attachment=528]