The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Horses on the Beach - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Horses on the Beach (/showthread.php?tid=100213)

Pages: 1 2

Horses on the Beach - DAWN - 04-13-2014

[attachment=553]I saw lots of horses on the beach this trip and I spent the least amount of time on the beach.  I definately saw the guys that use to sell the jet skis walking around lost.  Most said that it should be worked out or 'tightened" up soon.  I can't help but think the beach guys are trying to find a new way to make some money in the mean time.

Saw a post about runaway horses and the danger.  I guess the danger is just switched from the water to the beach..

RE: Horses on the Beach - rootswoman - 04-13-2014

Hummmm - I don't suppose they follow the horses around with a pooper scooper.
I love seeing the occasional horse but ....

It must have been nice and peaceful without the jetskis.

RE: Horses on the Beach - Schuttzie - 04-13-2014

I'm not sure how I feel about the horses, either.  They really should pick up after them, if that is possible, I don't know.

RE: Horses on the Beach - Angel - 04-13-2014

The horses do not belong on the beach. Too many people around and they poop in the sand and the water. I do not care to be on the beach or walking and have a horse running by me or behind me.

RE: Horses on the Beach - jitterbug - 04-13-2014

Horseshoe on the beach from morning to after dark. No one picking their poop.

RE: Horses on the Beach - Vicky - 04-14-2014

Just my thoughts...As an animal lover it saddens me to see these horses ran so hard up and down the beach daily in the blazing sun. I understand everyone needs to make a dollar but.....it's just hard to watch.

Yes the poop issue is a problem.

I'd rather pay to feed the horse and keep it in the shade with some water then take a horse ride.

Again... Just my tourist opinion.

RE: Horses on the Beach - Dino - 04-14-2014

My biggest issue is the lack of picking up the waste.....And even that still leaves droppings behind.  My wife got into a "discussion" with this guy about it and they exchanged some choice words.  He eventually saw my wife's ways....then again he didnt wanna mess with a hot-headed Columbian. I cropped the pic to make it less offensive to viewers.
[attachment=555]

RE: Horses on the Beach - jitterbug - 04-18-2014

Today, while lounging in front of barn b barn, the horse rider was told to pick up the horse poop. He did it with his hands into a scandal bag then washed out hid hand in the sea.     The horses are up and down the beach all day long.

RE: Horses on the Beach - Schuttzie - 04-19-2014

That is good he complied and picked up the poop.  Not sure about doing with his hands, though, lol!

RE: Horses on the Beach - rastagirl777 - 04-23-2014

This post came to my mind the other day when I went on a hike here at the Sonoma Coast.  We have trails here that allow different travelers, the trail I was on allowed all - horses, bikes and hikers.  There was copious amounts of poop right in the middle of the trail - and with the strong breeze the odor was strong as well.  Hub was complaining and I said if we wanted we could have taken any of the other dozens of trails along the coast and 5 minutes from our house that do not allow horses.
In stretching my memory, back 20+ years ago when I used to spend way more time on the beach I can't remember ever seeing horses on Long Bay - ever. (Jet Skis back then were an AI thing and very few if any were ever spotted or heard zipping around the "main" part of the beach, definitely never on the cliffs).  Even in recent years, while my visits to the beach have become fewer and farther between, do I remember seeing horses the way its being described here as an every day, several times a day occurence.  My guess is the increased hoof traffic is just like anything else - the more tourists, the more stuff to sell them be it horsey rides, jet skis rides, trinkets or drugs.  As far as horses not "belonging" on the beach - well...I don't think there are any laws or rules prohibiting them so they belong as much as anything else does I would imagine.  Back in the day I remember guys handing out flyers for horseback riding at places like Paradise Park...these days they hop off and you hop on I guess.  I agree its not the smartest thing to bring a large animal to a crowded narrow beach but I'm afraid there's nothing that's going to be done anytime soon.  I mean, it took three people getting hurt/killed by jet skis to get them reined in (no pun intended).