The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sharleen - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sharleen (/showthread.php?tid=100220)

Sharleen - Angel - 04-16-2014

Good to see you posting here. See that it has been awhile. Hope your dog is doing ok, am afraid to ask but saw you posted elsewhere and it went poof. Always enjoy your stories so keep coming back please.

RE: Sharleen - Sharleen - 04-16-2014

RE: Sharleen - Sharleen - 04-16-2014

I have been having problems posting on this board for quite some time but do read ever persons posts -- whenever I have replied I have been getting a message that I can't post.  Thank you Dreadneck for your yesterdays email so that I can finally participate again in all of the discussions.  I do read this board at least every other day
    I have been unable to go to Jamaica for about five years now due to having a little sweet dog Roamie Doodle Randy that developed diabetes.  My daughter & I have had to give him two shots of insulin a day, he was too hyper to be sent to a vets for a couple of weeks for us to go on vacation.  I had to put our sweet little Roamie to sleep on his 13th birthday on March 31st.  He hadn't rotated his silly little cropped off tail for two months, he hadn't given us his silly little "big ears" smile when we returned home from work for two months, he got REALLY skinny. Because he forever HATED going to the vets, I called them before to ask if I could give him a sedative before taking him to be put to sleep.  They gave me one & if any of you pet owners with ancient dying dogs have to go through this such a hard thing, I highly recommend it.  It was a pink pill, I couldn't break it up but then put it in a table spoon with some ginger ale, it broke up immediately.  We have some kind of eye dropper type of thing to give pets meds in & put it down Roamie's throat.  I had my father pick me up (he's 85 yr old) to drive me to bring Roamie to the vets, I bought Roamie for my daughter in her 11th grade for doing so exceptionally well... so I didn't want her to go through his death..  By the time I got to the vets our little Roamie Doodle Dandee was dead. He just picked up the ashes yesterday, I can't even deal with that yet!!!! 
  But I will be in Ja "FREE AT LAST" within two weeks and will be really careful to not get a dog too soon.  I actually just yesterday tried to rescue two mini-pin six month old sisters, thankfully they were already adopted.  I really need to NOT have a pet so I can disappear from my house with "no problem".  

RE: Sharleen - Angel - 04-17-2014

Sorry to hear about Roamie. He is with all the other loved pets now. Have a nice time in Jamaica. Sounds like your Dad is doing well.

RE: Sharleen - rootswoman - 04-17-2014

I am so very sorry to hear your sad news Sharleen.

My last cat (before taking some time off from pets) did something similar. I had a trip booked to Jamaica and my cat was very old and ill. I knew I had to put her down before my trip and made arrangements to bring her to the vet. It is such a hard decision to make and I did not want to be influenced by the trip.
I got ready to go to the vet - got her carrier from the attic and when I went to go get her she had squeezed her sweet self behind the toilet and died.

It was such a relief to not have to watch that fatal needle go in - I have never stopped thanking her from sparing me that pain. Ive been there before and it is so darn hard.

As sad as it is that you lost Roamie, I am happy to read that she died on her own. I know how much that has meant to me over the years and I am sure it will be great comfort you as well.

It sounds like it's time to plan a trip!

RE: Sharleen - oldtimer - 04-17-2014

you guys got me all smooched up. It's hard !!!! Howlin' Wolf was "helped " here in my home . Her ashes are in a wooden box my friend made and is beside my knee everytime I read the paper or go online. Fishermen still ask about her all the time.

RE: Sharleen - Schuttzie - 04-18-2014

I'm so sorry, Sharleen, for your loss of your beloved pet!  It is incredibly hard to lose a furry family member.  I also, have a little Boston Terrier that is getting old (12 1/2) and is becoming senile, stumbles around the yard, has a hard time with stairs and a is bit incontinent.  I tried to schedule an appt to put her down but my daughters wouldn't have it thinking she needs more time.  This will probably be her last summer. She has also had some seizures and we need to keep her confined in a smaller area. I caught her walking down the middle of the street and she has never done that before.

I will not have any more pets, I think, for a verrrry long time.

RE: Sharleen - rastagirl777 - 04-18-2014

We had to put our 17 year old Marge (cat) down a few weeks before we went to Jamaica.  It was time.  Roamie is playing on the Rainbow Bridge...

RE: Sharleen - Sharleen - 04-18-2014

thank you everyone for your kind comments, my father picked up Roamie's ashes and I told him I couldn't cope with having them in my house yet.  I have a big picture of our Roamie on my refridgerator with what we called "his handsome pose"...  I am really going to have to try to be a petless person for at least a while so that I can travel hassel free.  I live in a fairly remote area though, so we do really like having a dog in the house to alert us to things like bears in our yard or unfamiliar cars coming up our long driveway.  It is weird coming home from work at the end of the day to not having our Roamie Doodle Dandee greet us so happy we are home.  It was time though, I'm just really glad that he died at home or on the way to the vets, it is really awfully hard to watch that death needle go into them and see them flinch.  I'm really glad I didn't have to witness / participate in that.  He was dead on arrival.  For anyone with an extremely elderly pet whose health is failing I definitely recommend requesting for a sedative prior to bringing them to the vets.  The last dog that I had to put down, my beloved shih-zhu that was 19 years old really flinched badly when the needle was put into him.  It was really heartbreaking.  I definitely am really going to try to not get another dog for quite awhile.

RE: Sharleen - rastagirl777 - 04-23-2014

My Stewart went quietly in the bathroom (he was also 17).  My Marge - well, we had to do what we had to do.  She went peacefully too - the vet gave her a sedative, she went to sleep as we were stroking her.  Then the vet took over and she helped Marge cross over.  No doubt it was so hard but she's in Kitty Heaven and in our hearts forever.

God.  That was painful to write (sniff).