The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Man overboard !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Man overboard !!! (/showthread.php?tid=100238)

Pages: 1 2

Man overboard !!! - oldtimer - 05-01-2014

The son of a fisherman that fishes right around us (well not me now BECAUSE !!! I'm retired ) went overboard yesterday . No life vest but they got him back. Very !!!!! lucky. I personally didn't see it and glad I didn't . On an up note ,fishing was good today . This means they will drop the price , ship lots of them to Maine and then they are sold as Maine lobsters . CROOKS !!!!!!!! As a buyer you will be told that they are Maine fish !!!! and we get $3.75/lb and our $ is only .90 cents compared to the US $.

RE: Man overboard !!! - Pineapple - 05-01-2014

Glad it turned out okay!     I hope he wears a life vest from now on!  

RE: Man overboard !!! - rootswoman - 05-01-2014

Glad to hear all ended well.
OT - The lobster prices are criminal.

RE: Man overboard !!! - kylake - 05-01-2014

Quote: rootswoman wrote: OT - The lobster prices are criminal
Criminal on both ends, the low price they pay the folks that catch and the high price that is charged in the store.

RE: Man overboard !!! - Angel - 05-01-2014

Well glad that he was rescued, yes he was lucky. Better be wearing a vest now. Oldtimer glad you had a good day getting the lobster.

RE: Man overboard !!! - Schuttzie - 05-02-2014

Oh, my, so glad they got the man out OK.  That price you get for lobsters is insane!  They charge so much for live lobsters here.

RE: Man overboard !!! - murph - 06-12-2014

Where you holding down the fort old timer?
Mainah here and would love to get some more insight into this crap... 

Where are these fake Maine lobbies coming from?

And where are they going? So I can AVOID

Thanks oldtimah, glad that kids okay

RE: Man overboard !!! - oldtimer - 06-13-2014

Murph....I'm from Nova Scotia and the fake Maine lobsters are coming from The Northumberland Strait which is between Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island . They also ship lobsters up here from Maine (when they are soft shell and mostly water ) process them and then are shipped back down to Maine and are called Maritime lobster meat . No that's not crooked !!!!!

RE: Man overboard !!! - murph - 06-13-2014

thanks yeah that's what I was assuming, nova scotia area...

reminds me of when I was in Greece this past summer. All of their 100% olive oil gets sold to Germany. They process the crap out of it then sell it back to Greece (and the rest of the world) as 'Greek Olive Oil'. I guess as long as its 10% oil remaining they can still call it that. No Greeks spoke highly of this process! 

RE: Man overboard !!! - rootswoman - 06-13-2014

Hey Murph  Welcome!
We have a few Mainers around here
I now live in Oregon but went to school at USM and UNE and raised my daugheter in York.  I have family in Bangor.
I see you went to Greece - by any chance did you visit IOS?