The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
2014 Trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: 2014 Trip (/showthread.php?tid=100252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

2014 Trip - kylake - 05-06-2014

Well, this was only our 3[sup]rd[/sup] trip to Negril and Jamaica. Being a tourist as opposed to someone who knew Negril a decade ago has its advantages since even now we don’t have any expectations other than to have a vacation in a tropical place. Negril totally fits that description!
I know may of you know the historical Negril and have found memories of the place it was as opposed the place it now is.

I don’t have the gift of writing that gurigay has but here is the start of a trip report with simple facts of how the vacation went and pictures.

We flew down on a Southwest/AirTran joint flight. Everything as far as connections and flights went well even though since their joint venture is not complete yet and there is no online check-in and with SW side no assigned seating.
We flew from BNA to MBJ with a stop and plane transfer in Orlando both ways. I must say I like Orlando airport (from one experience) much better than Charlotte, Miami or DFW since our flights never seem to be direct from BNA unless we can hop a ride on a charter flight.

Rocky’s has been doing our transfers and have always been on time even if the plane was not. Cheaper rides (and more expensive) can be found but they seem to be reliable and we make several stops (big one at the Mega Mart) and they never complain. On the way to Negril we stopped at the MM, for pepper shrimp, the Food Spot for jerk pork and chicken plate to go and a final stop at the gas station near Point Village for ice and cold beer.
Wayne our driver

Arrived at the room and lugged in all the luggage and groceries and shortly after slightly settling in there, sitting on the balcony for a drink we walked down to Fireman’s / Our Pastime to get our first meal on the island.

Other than a walk back the end of day one.
Orlando Airport
[attachment=607]
Food Spot
[attachment=608]
Menu for Food Spot
[attachment=609]
Across the road from Food Spot
[attachment=610]
Chill Spot which belongs to Wayne the driver for Rocky's
[attachment=611]

RE: 2014 Trip - kylake - 05-06-2014

Somehow I could not post a couple of more pics I wanted to post on the first day posting. So here are a couple of more.
King Crab Fireman was preparing for another group of people
[attachment=612]
First sunset we saw on this trip
[attachment=613]
[attachment=614]

RE: 2014 Trip - jitterbug - 05-06-2014

kylake, beautiful sunset . . .
trip reports are like re-living your trip . . .
hope to catch up with you again next year.

RE: 2014 Trip - ohliz - 05-06-2014

Thumbs up!!

RE: 2014 Trip - kylake - 05-11-2014

Jitter and Ohliz, it was so nice to get to meet both of you in person!
Day 2 and 3
Friday was our first full day on the island. As you read this report you will find out that we are really not an exciting or a go, go, go couple, we go to the beach, relax, go out to eat in the evenings (so that is only 2 go’s). I “plan” to do more activities but it seems beach gravity and vacation takes over.
It rained (liquid sunshine) almost every day we were in Negril but mostly just late afternoon and would letup before dark with the exception of one day/evening.
On Friday our first full day we simply chilled at the beach in the morning and went back to the room for lunch around 1pm. We had brought a bunch of school books down at the request of Lenbert so we met up for the bus crawl.
I have read that some of you don’t much care for the concept behind the bus crawl but we have always found it to be extremely fun and also an easy, inexpensive way to see a lot of the west end. Lenbert is a great guy in my opinion. Someone said they thought he might be another board admins “lap dog” (not exact wording) but actually I think it might be the other way around with the tail wagging the dog.
We have done more than just ride the bus. Lenbert has taken use over the years to a couple of different places to eat after the crawl (on a simple request) and even driven us back home on both occasions. We have had some long and serious discussions about the politics in Jamaica and how that plays into what businesses succeed and fail. Lenbert was speaking from personal experience. Recently he wrote a grant and obtained grant money to have students (college/trade school level) trained in wedding planning (he also wrote the course) to try and localize a type of business that is mostly run by the AI’s now. I could go on but will just end by saying he is a very nice and very intelligent person from my experiences with him.
Saturday we just hung out at the property at Point Village and beach until it was a rain out. At that point we simply returned to the room and watched it rain from the balcony. I have not mentioned it yet but it was so nice “not” to see all the jet skis buzzing around. Much more peaceful environment minus the constant noise they make.
That evening we went to Cosmos to eat and I have nothing but good to say about the place. From PV Cosmos driver will pickup and return for no charge but of course we tip the driver. Since it had rained so much either side of the walkway leading into Cosmos was flooded like a swimming pool. By the time we left the water had been absorbed back into the ground and of course it was never a problem in the restaurant area.
It appears this will take a while to get the whole report up (procrastination on my part). But I will eventually have it all up and so nice we now have a specific location for trip reports on the new board.
Adult beach at PV
[attachment=630]
Da One Love Bus
[attachment=631]
Canoe Bar
[attachment=632]
No Limits (in the back, outside)
[attachment=633]
Picture of us at Xtabi
[attachment=634]

RE: 2014 Trip - kylake - 05-11-2014

Again the site stopped allowing me to upload when I have 4 mb of a (unlimited). So here are a couple more.
Another view from Xtabi
[attachment=635]
Sunset at Negril Escape
[attachment=636]
Met some of the group with Ohliz at this bar. It was the last stop on the crawl.
[attachment=637]

RE: 2014 Trip - jitterbug - 05-12-2014

you hit a lot of places . . . lovely pictures and narative . . . looking forward to more.

RE: 2014 Trip - Kandm - 05-12-2014

Thanks for taking the time posting your report. Great shot of the two of you at Xtabi

RE: 2014 Trip - Bob and Pat - 05-12-2014

Nice pic of "Q-Stick" with the birds...

RE: 2014 Trip - Schuttzie - 05-12-2014

Great report so far!  Your pictures are really nice and I love the picture of you two!