The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday music 6/6/2014 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday music 6/6/2014 (/showthread.php?tid=100298)

Friday music 6/6/2014 - kylake - 06-06-2014

I was looking for something with Stanley Clarke (excellent bass player) and found this. It is an hour long but maybe some of you can listen to a couple. Somewhat jazzy so if you don’t like jazz you may not like it. Daniel you might like this, since you mentioned you liked jazz.

Comments from the page:
This 90 minute star-studded DVD captures premiere bassist/composer/producer Stanley Clarke as the frontman in his third annual Stanley Clarke Scholarship Concert. Recorded at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California, in 2002, the DVD captures performances that range from straight-ahead jazz to full-tilt rock fusion to twenty-two-piece string arrangements - all on one stage, all in a single night! The all-star guest list includes: Stevie Wonder, Wallace Roney, Bela Fleck, Sheila E., Stewart Copeland, Flea, Wayman Tisdale, Marcus Miller, and many more.
Bass virtuoso Stanley Clarke, rose to prominence in the 1970s and took the bass in entirely new and different directions in the early years of his career, both as a solo artist and as a founding member of Return To Forever.

Artists: 
Stanley Clarke, Stevie Wonder (11,12), Wallace Roney, Bela Fleck, Sheila E., Stewart Copeland, Flea, Wayman Tisdale, Marcus Miller, Lenny White, Brian Bromberg, Bunny Brunel,Karen Briggs,Gerry brown and many others.

Tracks: 
1. The Floor
2. Wild Dog
3. Goodbye Porkpie Hat
4. Song To John
5. The Lochs Of Dread
6. Why Wait
7. Frequent Flyer
8. Anna Mae
9. Theme From Boyz `N The Hood
10. Big Jam
11. Every Day I Have The Blues
12. Giant Steps
13. School Days

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - oldtimer - 06-06-2014

Kind of a cross like The Atlanta Rythum Section ,Tal Wakenfield ,Derrick Trucks ...A1..!!!!! Great music !!!!! Thanks. What a cross section of players !!!! This is worth listening to !!!!!!

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - rootswoman - 06-06-2014

My stupid speakers - i really need a new computer
Hopefully Dread will have time to check this out if he can come out of his work bubble.
Stanley Clark is one of his favorites

I had the chance to meet and shmooze with Stanley Clark in the seventies at a wedding in LA - he was wearing a purple velvet jacket and a huge wide brimmed hat. It wasn't a very big wedding, it was pretty intimate - I was only seventeen but will never forget spending a day chatting, drinking and snacking poolside in the company of Stanley Clark. (He was on tour at the time with Return to Forever and we had just been to the concert)

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - kylake - 06-06-2014

I have always really liked Stanley Clarke also. BTW, Friday music postings is one year old this month.

Wow a whole year!

There was a woman - another and the first Rootswoman that I didnt know when I originally chose my name.

She posted over on Miyard for years and years. She religiously posted her Wednesday Funnies which were a list of jokes - they were good jokes . Many weeks no one would say a word but most came to rely on them being there. Although I never posted over there, I was sad when she eventually stopped. just a year or two ago.

Your Friday music reminds me so much of her funnies. I really appreciate the continuity and your perseverance. Most folks would have quit long ago.

Cheers to your first year Kylake!

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - oldtimer - 06-06-2014

RW you are so right about weekly little diddies . I happen to know personally ( Kim the other RW ) and ffCindy from the Beingee board. Both icons as far as I can tell and now along comes Kylake. Look guys and gals it is a great chance to hear a variety of great music with not even having to think of something JUST PRESS THE BUTTON !!!! Thank you Kylake .Oh I almost forgot ,there was Noamie , I think she was Bobby's mentor...hehehe

LOL @ OT -
Oh Naomie woah! That is one name I would like to forget!

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - dreadneck - 06-06-2014

I will have to check this out! I've been a Stanley Clarke fan since 1975.

RE: Friday music 6/6/2014 - kylake - 06-09-2014

Glad you guys liked the selection this week. I thought it was a good one for the one year mark.

RW and OT, you guys hold so much history about Negril and the peeps from back in the day. Hopefully someday we can meet up and I can pick your brain on the history.

Dread and RW, WOW getting to sit and chat with one of the alltime geat bass players must have been a real treat.