The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Treasure Beach Tips? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Treasure Beach Tips? (/showthread.php?tid=100317)

Pages: 1 2

Treasure Beach Tips? - Kiknback - 06-13-2014

We have a few days unbooked this next trip, and was thinking of heading down to Treasure Beach for a bit.

Our plan is to route taxi down there.  This should be fairly easy, right?  Negril to Sav, Sav to Black River, and Black River to Treasure Beach.  Any issues with this?  Never really done a long distance route taxi trip before.  

Where to stay? I keep hearing about how quiet the area is. Not sure I will like that. For that reason, I think we're leaning towards Jake's, simply because it seems to be in the center of everything.  The cheap rooms at $95 are comparable to most.  If anyone knows of a better place to stay, let me know.  A/C and a fridge are a must, but that's all I really am concerned about.  

Any must do activities in the area?  I don't think we plan to do a whole lot, really, except check out the area for a few days.  

And probably most important, where can I watch the World Cup?  That's the primary reason we are traveling at this time.  Four years ago I decided that next World Cup I wanted to take two weeks off, travel somewhere that cares about it more than the US, and simply head to a bar for two weeks and get drunk and watch soccer/footbal/futbal. 

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - murph - 06-13-2014

Hey Kikn-
Cant help you on the route taxi question although I can tell you it seemed like a long ass drive! Linston drove us there and then he came back and brought to the airport a few days after.

I would point you to a rasta owned guesthouse http://www.kudehya.com, but there is no AC

Like you said- not much going on there... a few restaurants, a couple bars... not sure if I ever even saw a TV.

jakes is centrally located... but to what? Im not really sure...

I think the lack of tasty food options, lack of fun night time activities and lack of swimmable ocean kind of blew it for me... 

Of course, Im glad I went to check it out for myself. Pelican Bar and Black river of course-make for a fun day. 

I dont know if World Cup is your thang- Id suggest Brazil! hahaha

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - booger - 06-13-2014

I like your style. Treasure Beach is quiet and if I were to head for a stay I would pick either Jakes or Marblue. Jack Sprat has some bomb pizza if you get the itch.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2014

"I think the lack of tasty food options"
There are plelnty of tasty food options and for far less money than in Negril!  For example, lobster regularly runs around 1500JMD in Treasure Beach as opposed to Negril where the average is more like $30US.  I enjoyed the food everywhere I ate there.  Jakes has a limited dinner and lunch menu but their breakfasts rock - smoked marlin!  Yum!  While I am not a fan of the pizza at Jack Sprats I enjoyed a very nice Brown Stew Fish there and I like their conch soup as well.
We stayed at a place called Sunset Beach Resort which is right next door to Jakes.  I'm sure their off season prices will be commensurate or less than Jakes.  They have a pool, the rooms are nice with A/C and TV so you can watch the World Cup if you want.  The food there was good too.  A guest house might not have a TV so watching soccer might be out the window unless you pop into one of the many smaller bars and restaurants - if they have a TV you can bet the World Cup will be on.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - Kiknback - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 10:32 AM)'murph' Wrote:  I dont know if World Cup is your thang- Id suggest Brazil! hahaha

Naw, we've been to Brazil, not impressed.  And insanely expensive.  I'm not super into soccer it or anything, but its just always fun to hang out at a bar when a big sporting event is on.   I could care less about the game for the next four years, but the World Cup is fun.  Jamaica may not be the first choice people would think about, but I am pretty sure the Corner Bar and Red Dragon will be a pretty happening for the next month or so.  Or pretty much any place with a TV.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - Kiknback - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 12:56 PM)'rastagirl777' Wrote:  We stayed at a place called Sunset Beach Resort which is right next door to Jakes.  I'm sure their off season prices will be commensurate or less than Jakes.  They have a pool, the rooms are nice with A/C and TV so you can watch the World Cup if you want.  The food there was good too.  A guest house might not have a TV so watching soccer might be out the window unless you pop into one of the many smaller bars and restaurants - if they have a TV you can bet the World Cup will be on.

Thanks!  I was thinking about Sunset Beach...  I'll check it out.  I need A/C, but could care less about a TV.  I don't plan to sit in my room much.  Just need a place to sleep, but yeah, I'm an air condition snob, so that is a must.  

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - Oldtimer2 - 06-13-2014

There is a desert in Treasure Beach . The ocean is nice ,the sand is a different colour but still nice . The Santa Cruz Mts are SPECTACTULAR (sp) .There are plenty of little places to eat .Not hard to find fun if you look around. I owned land there for over 40 years.It's WAY !!!!! different than Negril.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - wendy - 06-13-2014

Been to TB many many times....love the drive by the way. Have always stayed at Sunset, i think i may have a post somewhere in here on TB with photos. This past feb i finally went to Lovers Leap....should be a thread with pics on that also. Very quiet place, but you can make your own fun. Have also stayed at a small family owned place but no a.c, really didnt need it, very cheap, $40 ?? i think. Coconuts was the name.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - booger - 06-13-2014

If anyone has some great shots from Lovers Leap please post. My pics did not come out well which sucks as the view was amazing. I really could see how someone could stand up there and think the world is flat.

RE: Treasure Beach Tips? - rootswoman - 06-13-2014

Yes Please Wendy, I dont think we saw them over here.