The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two (/showthread.php?tid=100362)

Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - Rambo - 06-30-2014

.........the elevator made a funny noise and stopped a second or two on the way back up to our room, the room now COOL felt good as I headed to the shower which was a (WRONG MOVE)....I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF..........that clay-mud was like SNOTT on TEFLON.....I mean I bounced off of one end of that shower to the other. Drying off with a white towel showed my poorly-done shower, and I slipped once more on the tile floor on the way to the bed where my wife had collapsed. We lay there laughing about our !st few hours in JA, and had decided to stay in the resort for the first night..
After dark we went down the lobby and walked to the fine dining area that they had set up outside...we-sat and watched as people that had paid A! walked through the line,, some asking for X-TRA Lobster Tails !!!!!. Then I saw a guy walk up and hand the LAST MAN IN LINE something..walk away and sit down. In a few minutes first one server than another would bring food to his table...WOW !!NOW I GET IT !!!! the whole damm place has two ways to everything,,,,We ate well ,(cheap) that night...heading over to the Show Stage we saw a guy limbo under OLD TIME COKE BOTTLES-SHORT ONES !! that had a rod across the tops....ANOTHER WOW.....the guys? name was MECKO BLANKO !!!!!
We later found out that he "walks a little light in his loafers" if ya know what I mean....
wink-wink....the guy dressed in drag and was amazing... he could dance....eat fire.....limbo....do a little magic....he was amazing....(I wonder if he/she is still around???)
After having enough frutti-drinks to keep me regular for years at the pool bar, we decided to grab 2 drinks from the menu painted on the inside of the roof of the bar and head up to our room to get a early start the next day,all the people at the bar were talking about a place called "Negros????" that was at the west end of the island and how you could GET or DO almost anything you felt like, as long as no one was hurt....
I told my wife Bless Her Heart, ..that sounds like a place we should look into the next day, as we slid/fell off of the high wiggly hand made stools, I -holding both the drinks in trying to be the STEADY LEADER for my wife was winding my way thru now fully-packed, dancing fools between us and the elevators ...I tripped on a step that was placed there for that reason! only! ...I did a complete summersault into a tuck and roll with TWO GLASS DRINKS IN MY HANDS......back onto my feet without spilling a drop, !!
Honest to God, but I didn't know I had ripped the seat of my pants open, so here we go
past all these now cheering people that had seen me do my "Thang"...when we got to the elevators we found the doors open and people working in the bottom...GREAT NOW WHAT...I hollered down"HOW LONG???????" a voice came back" I afraid it will be past your bedtime...MON"......soooooo.... up we go .... two firstdayers, the leader stumbling up, I don't know how many flights of stairs,DRINKING, .....his bare sun-burned butt, hanging out of his pants and his wife following quietly,..... giggling ever so ...............
Believe it or not, but why we were able to get up at 7 am the next day is beyond me, but here we are, Day 2........Wow after Day 1 how could it be any more fun????? we would find out......We decide to eat later and drink bottled water for awhile and find our way up to "Negros" ???We walked through the "Tunnel",, as they called it, and past the Lobby, a voice called out ,"Ray-don't forget guest orenation is at 10 AM " Ya right" I said with a laugh, as we headed toward the gates on foot.......
As we approached the gates a MILITARY HELICOPTER LANDED in the empty area just outside the gates,,, we watched as a officer in the JDF headed toward us, and I started to think out loud ..." HONEY YOU DONT THINK?????. my wife Bless Her Heart said ,"NO ...HES NOT HERE FOR US!" DEAR !!""I don't think buying two joints is a Military Offense !!!!....even here............
As we watched, the rest of the Squad broke out a soccer ball and proceeded to play a game!!!!! We heard a voice from the shadow of a Cashew Tree, Ohy!! Ohy !! Mr. Bigs
over here mon", and here was our driver BIG WHEELER from the previous day........
Wow I said to my wife these guys are hard up for money...we told him about Negros he laughed and said "Dats Ne-GRILL Mon, its Kool Mon...Ill take you for sunset some time...I replied "Lets go! thinking its only a 30-40 minute ride!!!!!! "I got the camera and a few bucks"( not enough)...So off we go, heading towards town...Big Wheeler seeing my red - burnt bod and streaks of green in my hair said." I bet a cool water dip would make a good start for you today Mon" "Sure" I said, and in a short time we stopped along the cliff side of the road and parked......he said " Get-Out" and lets Go"
to the "Rastas Cave" A spooky-lookin guy came out with snakes in his hair and walked to us, my flee or fight mode was about to kick in when he smiled and all was OK......
Big Wheeler spoke to him, and we headed down to a kina-hard to spot -place in the bush where looking down clear water could be seen....neat.... as I slipped off my shorts off and dived in...WOW it felt great..the water bubbled around my legs and I could see crabs in the bottom it was so clear..we splashed about for awhile and climbed out,feeling good ......dressed and drove off to our next stop.
Before we left his cave he asked, "would you like a sample of my herb?" Of course I replied...he walked over to a area of different colored plastic baggies laying about, looked at them all for a minute or two, selected one and picked it up, handing it to me he said "This is my best Mon!"....I gave him a few bucks, and as we rolled on I took a sample...Boy ! he wasn't kidding !!! LOL

We drove picking up Cold Beers (8AM !) and tiny sugar bananas, when we slowed for a metal looking bridge and a fork in the road.Big Wheeler grinned as people started appearing out of the Cane fields, all carrying something?????my eyes still blurry from
what ever I drank last night finally focused enough to see......."HOLY SHIT !!!!!!" BUDS MAN.........BIG SMELLY......STICKY.....BIG.....BIG.....OH MY GOD BUDS" my wife laughed as everybody ducked out of sight when I climbed out with my camera firing off one shot after another......after a few ani
oxus moments Big Wheeler convinced all was OK....and after a purchase from what seemed like everybody , plus tips, and all kinna promises never to show those faces to anyone on the Island..we were really on our way....and now we were flat broke !!!!! BUT in FINE SHAPE on wanted supplies.
We entered Negril laughing.... as we found out that was a big part of JA influence, laughter, you saw it in other people faces, in the little school children as they scurried off to schools down trails that would make a Mountain Goat proud.... and in the vendors that came up to us....... I remarked " It seems like everybody is in a good mood ! ' my wife replied "It looks like dats all dey got Mon"......................As we pulled into a place called Heart Beat Cottages I kissed her.....................thinking how right she was.........................

coming next.......

Doing Negril Broke ! and A Magic Mushroom gives birth to the
man called....... Rambo!!.

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - goldilocks - 06-30-2014

Love this report! Those dang random steps USED to get me every time! now I walk around constantly watching my step. One day I'm going to plan a place for folks like me with non-skid tiles and no random steps.

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - Rambo - 06-30-2014

and SOFT places to fall on.....lol

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - Schuttzie - 07-01-2014

LOL, this is great, Rambo...great acrobatics! I've tripped on those 1/2 inch steps, too, haha. They have them in the most random places.

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - kylake - 07-01-2014

Nice report and writing Rambo. Fun to read, thanks again for taking time to post.

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - rootswoman - 07-01-2014

Fantastic Rambo
I love reading this!

keep going please...

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - MoFromMonroe - 07-01-2014

More More More. Please!!!!!!!!

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - jitterbug - 07-02-2014

rambo, more please!!

RE: Rambo and CoComando...Part Two - dreadneck - 07-08-2014

This is really good, I forgot what a great storyteller you are, Rambo!

Glad you are back!