The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rambo and CoComando Part4 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Rambo and CoComando Part4 (/showthread.php?tid=100387)

Rambo and CoComando Part4 - Rambo - 07-06-2014

....................."Oh, "Yes' , I said..."thanks a lot, a person wouldn't wanna get hurt, would they?????"..... One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
"YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"Dear which room is ours? I asked my wife Bless her Heart...her hand slowly pointed first to one shack,"NO" Not THAT ONE", the OTHERT ONE.....and she laid back down, fast asleep....
The housekeeper said "COME-COME-WIT-ME" I hopped along, the wound which had been bleeding had strangely stopped?..didn't know if that was good or bad? Guess what ?,, I found out!. The gals brought two plastic pails out, dipped one into the seawater and the other, took two of the lanterns that were in every room and dumped the liguid from them into it.
Told me to first soak in the Seawater for 10-15 min, then into the liquid for about 10 minutes, then repeat thru-out the evening.......my wife, now fully awake and rested, joined me, listened to the story of my new adventure, asked me how it felt? "Kinna weird I said,,,hardly any pain now, no bleeding, and the entrance site looked OK,....wasn't bad as I thought??. I forgot about the buckets, put some cloth over the spot and got my shoe on. I limped across the street and we both had Omelets(straight) and Red Stripes (remember our funds are limited).We went back to Heartbeat to watch the Sunset, it of course was awesome...........Two girls that had checked in during my swim walked over to us and introduced themselves, Lavena, a Bus Driver from Boston and her girlfriend Kathy..were here just for 3 days, they wanted to know if we were going to the concert at Sam Sara that night to see Yellow Man......they had heard the rumor of what he does on stage, if prodded by the girls and only, if some young males will get up on stage for a "SIZE",contest, and I don't mean SHOES!

We explained to them our situation, hell it was only 10 us each they said and for the company they would pay our way in.!!!!!!!!Only in JA, try that outside Soldier Field at a concert......my foot started to hurt on the walk up to Sam Sara, Kathy had found Codeine in the Drug Store and handed me a few,,,they helped.......when we got to within sight of Sam Sara I could not believe it, it was like Madi Gra!!!!!! people all over the place.......blocking the road....the SMOKE was so thick in the area, I bet planes were diverted.!!!
the show didn't start on time, unlike most American venues, "DES TINGS
TAKE TIME MON"...was the order of the night, the spring breakers were just getting wound up when....this crazy-lookin-dude ran onto the stage..... "YELLOW MAN" the crowd cheered as the band climbed on stage and went into "I believe in miracles"..the crowd went NUTS! Yellow-man danced and put on a un-believable show.If you are in JA, you must go to a outdoor concert at Sam Sara , the setting at night is SURREAL..............Yellow man ended his show about 2-2:30, with no EXTRA show( if you get my drift lol)....the girls were disappointed, I offered to help but my wife said it was dark and it would be un-impressive to say the LEAST.......
On the walk back, if you walk the Sea side of the road the paths narrow and at times very steep above the roadway.... I was last in line, Kathy in front of me, my wife behind Lavena who was leading, we all had drank too much, I was still feeling the Codeine that I was taking all night as my leg was really starting to hurt now....when I noticed a car approaching at high speed flashing the brights on and off, I hollered to all " CAR IN FRONT....WATCH-IT"!!!!!!...when Kathy, who was singing just then,turned to her LEFT and back toward me.... in doing so lost her balance and was falling into the path of the approaching car !!!!!!!. Without thinking, I dropped my Red Stripe that was in my right hand and reached for her, just grabbing her blouse,bra and whatever filled it, at the last possible second !!!!,... the car came close enough to her to knock her purse off of her shoulder!!!!! A crowd gathered around to see what had happened, the police who were at the concert showed up (late)....and heard the story..and left.

Now my foot was starting to really swell by now, and with the help of the girls and my wife, Bless Her Heart, got us back to our cottage.........wherein the light of a lantern she took off my shoe,WE were shocked to see the bottom of my foot............................................

Bush treatment for my foot.....and the Ganja makes a move.

.........although I felt I didn't need the light to know something was really wrong with my foot,the pain had been getting worse as the night went on. In the light one could see the bottom of my foot was cherry red, and very swollen.
the ganja, mushrooms and Codeine that had kept the pain from being noticed had worn off, and IT HURT like HELL!. My wife, Bless her Heart, went and got the buckets that were still holding the sea water, and lamp oil and at 5:00 am I started soaking my foot............
The pain tempered as I sat there, now my hangover started and I wondered if I was gonna be able to keep up this pace, after all we were here
for 10 Days and this was only the start of the third day, or was it the fourth ??

I have found on that Island things like time and days seem to get all cloudy in your mind, as if my mind wasn't cloudy enough. I had been soaking now in the two buckets for about 4 hrs when my wife said we should be heading back to MoBay, I agreed and started to clean up a little, while my wife headed out to find our driver. I found a broom that took the place of a cane/crutch or what ever, and I noticed the pain in my foot was a lot better,
the swelling was going down and I was able to get my tennis shoe back on with a old bit of cloth as a padding. In throwing out the liquid in the buckets a little piece of coral about the size of 1/2 of a dime was left in the pail that had held the sea water,WOW that must been in my foot.....GLAD its OUT.....
I limped out to the gate area and found my wife and our driver having a chat...the ladies that were around there ex-changed names and address with my wife and in turn I said we would try and get back to stay longer in the future. (We did, for many years).

Big Wheeler said that the police had been seen in the area of Lucea, lots of them, like they were planning a roadblock, he said, "Do you have anything left?" he asked me and I produced two spliffs and a small amount in a plastic bag, one off the ladies told my wife to take the bag and "Secure it in your Panties Mon" "Da woman cops even dont check dare.Mon"........thinking bout dat for a second, I piped up and aksed "Do ya have da panties on Mon?.......My wife smiled and said "Of course I do silly"
and we all got a big laugh otta dat.....

With the spliffs secure in my flapped pocket we climbed in and off we went, a patty man was walking past and our driver again treated us.. finishing the snack and passing the Green Island turn up road... I fired up one of me spliffs. Enjoying the ride the smoke helped in making my foot comfortable as we slid into Lucea. We stopped in town and asked around, Yes the roadblock was on the other side of the bridge and they were only stopping one way, our way!. Not knowing how long or if they might move it we said, "Lets Try It".

As we drove along the road/bridge way we saw they were only stopping cars
now and then, when it was our turn the Policeman motioned for us to pull to the side of the road. "OH BOY".."more fun awaits, I thought". The police told us to relax along the side of the road and we would get our turn. I saw a
young white girl crying as they led her to a car and placed her inside of it, were next I thought....Be Cool Be Cool.... my mind kept saying as they asked me to turn my pockets out,,,I did, and a Bic and a pack of Rizzlas fell out, he asked what was in my shirt as he felt the pocket, BUT HE MISSED THE LONE SPLIFF...... I said "nothing Mon, all Gone!" ......"GOOD"... he said and
turned towards my wife who had the POLICEWOMAN looking in her purse,
finding nothing on either of us he now started in on the driver, looking all over and under the car, finally one of them got in the Lada and sped off
hitting the parking brake after a bit, only one tire locked up..."Bumba Cl**"
our driver murmured, it was to be "TICKET TIME" for him. My wife and I sat down on the bank under a palm tree.

Nearby a elderly Jamaica Man in what looked like a Nehru Shirt asked if we were enjoying our visit, I said, "Sure except for this crap" to which he replied..."It is a necessary ting we do. Mon". "The people who are leaving the Island sometimes try and smuggle Ganja out of the country" ..."and if JA police dont stop em, da will get caught by customs and it will look like da police in Ja dont care" I agreed with that, and said "yes they should smoke here, and leave here...dont travel with it"

He asked if I smoked and I said yes and patted my shirt pocket...."You have some wit you? 'he asked,,,,"yes a little but we are not going home, just back to MoBay for awhile." "Oh I see" he remarked ,," I too enjoy the Ganja Tea", a little each night helps me to sleep", "But I would never think to travel with It"

Our driver called us, it seems that they were done giving him a ticket for unsafe brakes????(later we found out ,he had to take it to a "STATE" Garage to have the repairs done, and bring the repair order to court,... all a BIG MONEY DEAL) The old man walked us to our car, and I noticed all the Police seemed to know and move aside for him, looking around for the car he had been in , I asked him,,, "What are you waiting here for, is your car stopped also?"

He laughed along with some of the police, "NO MON, I am a MAGASTRIATE, I must be here to make the Roadblock and search Legal"......OH MY GOD A JUDGE...??????????? "l sign the arrest warrant if one is needed, and in patting my shirt, he said'. ."BUT one is not needed here, is there?".... "No Way Jose!" I smiled and said, getting back into the car.......

"What a STRANGE PLACE DIS IS" I said to my wife
as we headed back to MoBay.,,,my heart still going like crazy..............

A frantic tour group host,,,,,,,,,,and a train ride to Catadupa

That's all for now folks, hope you enjoyed it so far, I have much more writing to do, before those memories all fade away....thanks for reading and being my friends........Peace+Love

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - Angel - 07-06-2014

thank you Rambo for posting this again. looking forward to more sometime.

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - 2nutz4travel - 07-06-2014

Thank you Rambo! Loving every minute, looking forward to more...

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - Schuttzie - 07-07-2014

Yes, thank you! I love your writing style Smile

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - rootswoman - 07-07-2014

Please don't let it end!!!!

Thanks Rambo!

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - kylake - 07-07-2014

Another great report Rambo..........Thanks!

RE: Rambo and CoComando Part4 - suzengrace - 07-11-2014

love this story