The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Violence Against Women - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Violence Against Women (/showthread.php?tid=100432)

Pages: 1 2 3

Violence Against Women - macyoder - 07-22-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZmjDOvKxM&feature=youtu.be

Yes, I know this has never happened to some. Yes, many have never seen it or know of anyone who has been through it. Yes, some think it's your fault for how you are treated. By all means we know it's not only Jamaica but some take no solace in that, while others do. Fact is this is some people's REALITY and TRUTH. More disturbing than the guy are the passerby, SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO CRY. Wouldn't it be nice if Bob Marley was right, No Woman No Cry.

FB Group - Jamaicans United Against Violence and Child Abuse.

RE: Violence Against Women - Westenders - 07-22-2014

Absolutely one of the most disgusting things that I have ever seen.

Which country was it?? Although the posters credibility is questionable given the rest of the crap he/ they have posted on you tube.
But no matter where it was its apalling

RE: Violence Against Women - Raine - 07-22-2014

We used to have a neighbor her husband would beat the crap out of her.....when my Dad was alive he intervene she told him to mind your own business when hecalled the cops......she told the cops they wwere just playing and she fell.......broken arm he broke it.......another neighbor works at the hospital she told them she fell down the stairs. Sometimes that's why people don't intervene....am not saying all all cases.....sad though.

RE: Violence Against Women - Schuttzie - 07-22-2014

OMG! That hurt to watch! I can't believe people are walking by and not doing a thing to help this poor woman. The child was terrified standing there watching this. It is horrible!

RE: Violence Against Women - Raine - 07-22-2014

Sorry folks I cannot watch videos tablet does not support

RE: Violence Against Women - Westenders - 07-22-2014

Was the two passers by children? they looked like teens to me, which could explain them passing by, fear...

The person who filmed it all is a very despicable 'person', who should have used the phone to call the police or other help. It amazes me what people will stand and film these days.

With DV it is difficult to intervene physically as in today's society it could get you killed too.

Those babies, omg..

RE: Violence Against Women - macyoder - 07-22-2014

Raine2, I grew up it where it happened or condoned. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Sometimes I intervene or simply scream fire in my best American accent. The key is to bring awareness and support when possible.

For those who were born and raised there, most of what you experience is from people you know and love. Once you move away then it's a bit different but the first beating or lick you see or experience won't be from a total stranger.

RE: Violence Against Women - Likkle Red - 07-22-2014

Back in the day when I was pregnant with my first child and lived in a not so nice section of the city I often witnessed abuse of children and spouses. At first I called the police to report the abuse and 90% of the time it back fired on me with the abusers getting mad at me and telling me to mind my own business. I left the neighborhood ASAP but worried about those children and spouses but at the sametime knew I could do nothing.

I was the victim of abuse in Jamaica several years ago. I did everything that was expected, police report, pictures, doctor report and police follow-ups. I knew my abuser and knew where he could be found but the police did nothing. The doctor told me to leave the island before it got to be more serious. You can report abuse in Jamaica, but it is a joke. They do nothing but take your report and file it somewhere, never to be looked at again.

RE: Violence Against Women - macyoder - 07-22-2014

There are many places in Jamaica that aren't in close proximity to the police or even a hospital. Telephone is still a luxury or having a street address for the cops to find you, if they try. In my town the police station is in shouting 'gun shot" range from the market. It took several calls to the cops when someone was shot at the market. Maybe graphic videos and social media are ways to bring awareness.

FB Group - Jamaicans United Against Violence and Child Abuse.

RE: Violence Against Women - suzengrace - 07-22-2014

thats one of the frightening things about being a woman in Jam... If you cry out for help its useless(maybe of course if you live in/near family yard -or foreign friends) but nope, no one will come to your defense and the cops are a joke..You really have no one to depend on...