The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. (/showthread.php?tid=100486)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - oldtimer - 08-09-2014

tell the police (identify ) a criminal who commited a crime in front of you ? If you did what do you think the backlash would be ?

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - Westenders - 08-09-2014

(08-09-2014, 11:58 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  tell the police (identify ) a criminal you commited a crime in front of you ? If you did what do you think the backlash would be ?
In JA
Hand on heart I would never trust that the police weren't in on something, or could be bought off, or would have chatty mouth which is very sad for us visitors and friggin oppressive for Jamaicans.

In our countries, could put you at risk too depending on the crime and the criminals, as you would have to give evidence. Often a dilemma anywhere.

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - Angel - 08-09-2014

Westenders what you have said is so true. Hell we know the popo take bribes and get paid off. We know that they do take things into their own hands. C-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n is there. Yes I would love to turn someone in but knowing I could risk my life and anyone else I know and not being trusting of the police would have me thinking about it. That is a problem there that no one wants to step forward and turn someone in. That needs to change.

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - Likkle Red - 08-09-2014

I turned in my abuser and nothing happened...Nuff said

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - oldtimer - 08-09-2014

Good for you LR . I meant as a witness.

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - macyoder - 08-10-2014

(08-09-2014, 11:58 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  tell the police (identify ) a criminal who commited a crime in front of you ? If you did what do you think the backlash would be ?

Yes and nothing because what happens in Jamaica happens elsewhere. You see a crime, you report it, the police investigation and the perpetrator is brought to justice. The victims family mourns the loss and in time heal. No, that's what happens elsewhere.

OT- yes, if a child was involved. I would expect anything from a whoop azz to my pets being poisoned.

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - macyoder - 08-10-2014

Jamaica is a Christian place where you can't be your brother's keeper. God bless American because I am confident I could follow my heart and conscience in doing the right thing. When my brother-in-law was murdered, people came forward and justice was served. If you are used to some place where this can't be done, Jamaica is a easier cup of tea.......drink up!

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - jitterbug - 08-10-2014

i'm scared of jamaican police.
minimal conact for me.
do not trust any of them.

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - suzengrace - 08-10-2014

If it involved a child or my partner...I just "may" but knowing full well if i did i should leave the island asap and worry about my partners family...

I'm like jitters- stay as far away from them as possible..i cringe whenever i get pulled over driving ,not knowing what the extent the BS will be (once taking my partner to jail for nothing-saying he had splif when he didnt..that was a fun day for me(was in the station for over 6 hours)- the bs and mind games they try to put on me ,while also hitting on me and asking for my cell-my US address/phone. I didnt have to pay them lunch $$ no siree more like dinner $$ to expedite him getting out and letting us on our way) Have a few other fun tales but that was the worse--they have the power and will use it anyway they feel..dont matter how illeagl, unethical or just straight up rude and wrong.. and really dont matter if your tourist (while it does $$$wise)

RE: as a longtime/frequent visitor would you.. - macyoder - 08-11-2014

Anyone familiar with kill da seed?