The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Vaporizer Questions - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Vaporizer Questions (/showthread.php?tid=100528)

Pages: 1 2

Vaporizer Questions - Tanfastic - 08-26-2014

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a little education and I hope this thread doesn't go sideways with my question.

The last 6-7 months my health hasn't been 100% as many of you might be aware and I'm struggling with a few more muscular/tendon issues due to the harsh medicine I needed to take. My doctor (very conservative) actually recommended me getting a medical marijuana card. We talked about the fact my lungs are really bad with the fungal spores that developed from Valley Fever so I can't "smoke", he told me edible or vaporizer is the best and will not cause damage.

My question to the group, have any of you tried a vaporizer, any recommendations and the biggest one is have any of you brought one back and forth to Jamaica? Obviously the concern is if it is super cleaned after each use will it cause an issue or raise a red flag (or would I be best to get a "disposable" unit) coming back into the US? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, opinions and advise, they are greatly appreciated. By the way I plan on visiting Jenny's to sample her favorite cakes.

RE: Vaporizer Questions - Schuttzie - 08-26-2014

I was just talking to my husband about the vaporizer thing...I'd seen it on some movie and couldn't figure out how that worked, lol. If they have a disposable one, I'd use that for traveling and not chance trying to bring it back. Don't you have to have oil or something different than the leaf/weed to use?

I hope you find relief and your health returns, Tanfastic~

RE: Vaporizer Questions - fatty pondirock - 08-26-2014

(08-26-2014, 12:12 AM)Tanfastic Wrote:  My question to the group, have any of you tried a vaporizer, any recommendations and the biggest one is have any of you brought one back and forth to Jamaica? Obviously the concern is if it is super cleaned after each use will it cause an issue or raise a red flag (or would I be best to get a "disposable" unit) coming back into the US?

Last year I brought a brand new Pax down with me. I had no problems bringing it into Jamaica - but, then again, my bags weren't searched. I cleaned it up and brought it back with me on our return...again, our bags were not searched (it was in a checked bag that wasn't gone into). Many people love their vape's....I don't. I have another here at home called Extreme Q. To me...it takes a lot more product to get the same effect as a regular bowl...others report the opposite!!!
About 4 weeks ago I started making my own BHO. I use a vape pen to ingest it. Similar to the pen that Sarah Silverman brought to the Emmy's last night!!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/English/TV/Sarah-Silverman-flaunts-pot-vaporizer-pen-at-Emmys-red-carpet/articleshow/40905822.cms

I haven't smoked a bowl since I started vaping the BHO!!!

RE: Vaporizer Questions - rastagirl777 - 08-26-2014

Vaping is the preferred method of medical marijuana injestion because it does remove over 90% of cancer causing toxins. My friend is a throat cancer survivor and swears by it.

The most popular vaporizer on the market is the Volcano. Sure, you can bring it with you to Jamaica...my suggestion is to leave it there. The most portable vaporizing equipment though would be the "pen". You can purchase one of those nicotine vape "pens" and insert a hash oil cartridge into it. Not sure where you live, here in NoCal cartridges are available at most dispensaries. The best oil to use is oil that is derived through a carbon monoxide process - its going to be the most expensive because its not easily made in a home kitchen, lol, the machine used costs over $40K. But its the cleanest and carts here in Cali run about $50.00 each. They last though...you don't need to "smoke" as much, one or two pulls do you fine. The carts look like nicotine cartridges so are easily moved out of the country and the pen, well that's a fully legit nicotine vaporizer so you are all good with bringing it back and forth.

I'm not sure how you sit with edibles - some people cannot tolerate it. If you can, its yet another great way to take your medicine. My friend Brenda, rest her soul, always had a stash of lollipops with her when she traveled, used them on the airplane. Tinctures are great too and I just found this awesome homeopathic type spray! I do not smoke/use marijuana - haven't since 1979. I have sleeping issues so hub brought this spray home. It has a high CBD count but low THC. It sits in coconut oil which has a weird mouth feel but tastes kinda good. A couple of sprays under the tongue and voila - sound and wonderful and long sleep.

Talk with your folks at your dispensary about specific strains that deal with your specific ailments as well as levels of THC tolerance you might have. Much to my delight, having a negative reaction to high levels of THC there are many strains and products out on the market now with low THC levels but high CBD levels; CBDs are in fact THE medicine.

Regular use of ganga for your ailments very well might mitigate your needs for Big Pharma meds...good luck and please report back of your personal experiences!

(08-26-2014, 09:09 AM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  there are many strains and products out on the market now with low THC levels but high CBD levels; CBDs are "in fact" THE medicine.

There are IN FACT at least 5 different cannabinoids from the plant that are medicinal!!! Not only CBD's.

http://www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/resources/how-medical-marijuana-works

From the article above:
"Alone, none of the five major cannabinoids are as effective as when they work together."

CBD's have been found to be very effective in relieving certain types of seizures in children. They get the benefit of the medicine...but since it's very low in THC the patient doesn't normally get the "high" associated with higher THC medicines which have been found to be of use for other ailments!!!

(08-26-2014, 09:09 AM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  The best oil to use is oil that is derived through a carbon monoxide process

Seriously???? What in the world are you talking about???? Did you mean decarboxylation???
I wouldn't touch anything treated with carbon monoxide....not very good advice!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decarboxylation

RE: Vaporizer Questions - booger - 08-26-2014

CO2= carbon dioxide not carbon monoxide is a common method.

Thank you for your very KIND correction - well, not correction because you missed my very simple but critical mistake - its carbon DIoxide. Sorry for the confusion folks!

Its called a CO2 Extractor. What it does is strip the THC with CO2 as opposed to the home kitchen method of using Butane for that purpose. The result is indeed a cleaner "healthier" product that doesn't taste like gasoline. In fact, I just read that Colorado is instituting some regulation on hash oil sold at dispensaries (with legalization comes regulation y'know) - something to the effect that ONLY this type of process will be allowed to be sold. Since the machine cost is pretty huge that is going to annoy some producers but in the end a better quality product will ensue.

For the record I've never known anyone to get sick or die from Butane treated hash oil. I have known of many fires started in kitchens using this process. It really depends on your personal preference. The hub really likes the oil produced by CO2 Extraction. The god-kid and his friends "dab" with it.

Geez & Peas, pot smoking has changed a lot since I used to do it - we bought Mexican rag-weed from a "door" in Far Rockaway and hot-boxed cars parked on lanes in front of our high school before 1st period....

My friends in the biz say the CBD count is what you are mostly looking for when going for a true medicinal benefit for CERTAIN ailments. THC as well, for certain ailments but many folks simply cannot tolerate the THC. Its amazing the types of ganga that have been bred in recent years that do not get you high, lol.

New York just passed their medical - with very strong restrictions. At first they were going to limit the strains to low THC/High CBD ONLY - that was shot down but the MedMar community for the reason stated above - THC does indeed have a medical value. Now the law is nothing smokeable - which includes vaping products such as oil. Edibles, tinctures and salves.

Speaking of salves there are some awesome ones that really work out there.

RE: Vaporizer Questions - Sharleen - 08-26-2014

I had pneumonia a couple of years ago so had a chest x-ray, they called me in and wanted to know if I had ever lived in the Ohio River Valley. My lung x-ray showed that I had symtoms of Ohio River Valley lung disease or something like that.
Quite some time ago, like maybe eight years or so ago, I went on vacation to Jamaica REALLY sick with pneumonia. I slept most of my time at Citronella during the day, took my medication, just so REALLY extremely ill. I really just got up to go and get food, a really kind of wasted vacation sleeping all the time.
This was when it was fairly easy to fly from Negril back to Mobay to get on your flight back home. I had a reservation which was cancelled due to high wind. It was a really really DUSTY time due to the drought. And that didn't do well at all as I had pneumonia. I got at last minute drive to Mobay, SO DUSTY.. the roads and everything.
Luckily I had really good cough medicine. "Ohio River Lung Disease".. now I have never ever ever been in Ohio but I think I got this thing in my lungs in Jamaica.
There were some reports long ago that I remember reading about where ganja was treated with some kind of eradication drug or something?? Anyone remember anything about this?
Anyway, my lungs have a problem, I kind of avoid follow-up visits with this lung Dr. I did really like him though. I really don't have a problem but can see that I might have one in the near future. I have an inhaler "rescue inhaler" it's called. I don't use it too much at all, just when it gets realy hot and humid, like over 95 degrees.