The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Belmont - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Belmont (/showthread.php?tid=100546)

Belmont - addena - 09-01-2014

Belmont
Has anyone stayed at, or know the name of the guest house on the main road in Belmont?

RE: Belmont - wv-gal - 09-01-2014

Addena, I use to have a card with the name but I cannot find it. Check with Jane at Catcha Gardens. Last December, I met a couple that apparently own a place around there. I'm sure Jane would give you contact info. Good Luck! Beautiful area there!

RE: Belmont - addena - 09-14-2014

Ahh. Thanks a lot for the info/tip. I've done some research since then and I think I found the place I saw that looked good. I will check your contact also when I get there.
Thanks again.

RE: Belmont - ohliz - 09-14-2014

Only one I know is Horizon cottages, not exactly a gust house (and not cheap) but in Belmont, on the main road (with beach frontage on the other side).

RE: Belmont - wv-gal - 09-15-2014

(09-14-2014, 10:17 AM)addena Wrote:  Ahh. Thanks a lot for the info/tip. I've done some research since then and I think I found the place I saw that looked good. I will check your contact also when I get there.
Thanks again.

You are very welcome! I'm sure if you want to email Jane at CFSG, she would give you the info. I think the couple that own it, come there to stay especially around the holiday season. Good luck! Smile

RE: Belmont - rootswoman - 09-16-2014

I spent an afternoon at a guest house in Bluefields with my German friend - she had met the German owner on the plane and he invited her to visit. We had a lovely day sitting at the pool and restaurant chatting with the guests. Most of the guests were German or other Europeans and Australians traveling hostel style. They had various types of room and packages. The Great house was old and I though very charming. (I think you would concur Addena) The views were phenomenal. I personally loved the place and thought it would be a very nice place to stay for a couple of days to get away from it all. Mind you, this was several years ago and I never hear about this place through our group (i think it is only advertised in Germany perhaps)

its called the Shafston Great house

http://www.shafston.com/

They have a variety of room rates and packages - you can stay very cheaply and share a bath or you can stay in the great house in a luxurious suite (if you like old things and antiques like i do, I think you will like it - if not, i'm not sure)

Its worth stopping in there to see it if your in the area - I cant recommend it at this point because its been awhile but you should check it out)

If anyone goes by there let me know - id love to hear others impressions.

I just realized you said on the main road - this was across from the beach up a dirt road on the hill.

RE: Belmont - addena - 09-16-2014

Wow it looks like a fantastic place. I'd like to check it out. If anyone has been there can you please let us know your experience there.

I have to contact them re prices.

Thanks a lot! Hugs.

Cool!
I have always wanted to go back - TA reviews are a mixed bag but there aren't really enough to go by. Id love to hear what people have to say.