The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rename The Beach?!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Rename The Beach?!!! (/showthread.php?tid=100591)

Rename The Beach?!!! - Firemon - 10-03-2014

[attachment=1499][attachment=1498]NEGRIL, Jamaica - Tourists from around the world are drawn to a stretch of palm-fringed shoreline known as "Seven Mile Beach," a crescent of white sand along the turquoise waters of Jamaica's western coast. But the sands are slipping away and Jamaicans fear the beach, someday, will need a new nickname.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/jamaicas-world-famous-seven-mile-beach-hit-erosion-n217421

P.S. I think I read where it's only 4.6 miles anyway...

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - captaind on Zion Hill - 10-03-2014

The beach at Cosmos is 100 yards wide.

That's 10X what it was when I had my boats there in the 80s

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - Likkle Red - 10-03-2014

from recent pictures I have seen some places have a lot more beach than years before. One place that comes to mind is Tree House, their stretch of beach comes and goes. Right now they appear to have a lot of sand in front of their place. Nature gives and takes the beach. Places need to stop building so close.

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - Blues Pirate - 10-03-2014

In my experience the beach is not eroding, just shifting with every passing storm. One year the beach could be narrower in one area than the year before, then the next year it is wider than two years previous. It is always changing and always will. It is never the same at any location year after year. That is how Mother Nature works. It should be noted that the photos in the article showing a very narrow beach are in front of a place that built the structure far too close to the water in the first place. This is the case with many other establishments (i.e. the Treehouse bar). The article has political motivation and the information in it is dated.

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - booger - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 01:28 PM)Blues Pirate Wrote:  In my experience the beach is not eroding, just shifting with every passing storm. One year the beach could be narrower in one area than the year before, then the next year it is wider than two years previous. It is always changing and always will. It is never the same at any location year after year. That is how Mother Nature works. It should be noted that the photos in the article showing a very narrow beach are in front of a place that built the structure far too close to the water in the first place. This is the case with many other establishments (i.e. the Treehouse bar). The article has political motivation and the information in it is dated.
Not sure I could lump Treehouse's bar with the picture. I have seen pictures of Treehouse's bar with as much beachfront as Nirvana currently has. I have noticed over the past couple of trips how Treehouse is getting some beach back. Curious if the proximity to Bloody Bay has a greater impact with the sand shifting.

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - IJ - 10-03-2014

The beach at Cosmo's is NOT 100 yards from sea to property. It is not 10X what it was in the past. Why do people make up such stupid sh*t? & Do they actually believe it themselves? unbelievable....

RE: Rename The Beach?!!! - captaind on Zion Hill - 10-04-2014

(10-03-2014, 07:59 PM)IJ Wrote:  The beach at Cosmo's is NOT 100 yards from sea to property. It is not 10X what it was in the past. Why do people make up such stupid sh*t? & Do they actually believe it themselves? unbelievable....

Last month.

BTW . were you at Cosmos in the late 70s?

[attachment=1506]
[attachment=1505]