The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
arrest for firearm in Red Ground - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: arrest for firearm in Red Ground (/showthread.php?tid=100739)

arrest for firearm in Red Ground - JonTom - 12-29-2014

I believe some of you are, or were, in the Red Ground area.
He's lucky. Most articles like this I see read some version of: "He fired upon police, who returned fire, killing him. A 9mm and 5 pieces of ammunition were found upon his person"

"Man arrested in Negril for firearm possesion"

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Man-arrested-in-Negril-for-firearm-possesion

RE: arrest for firearm in Red Ground - oldtimer - 12-30-2014

bad guy , bad guy , what's ya goin' do , what's ya goin' do when they come for you !!!

RE: arrest for firearm in Red Ground - Sharleen - 12-30-2014

I first ended up in Redground in 1972 in the middle of the night, a REALLY dark no moon night too.  We stayed in the house just past the popular little restaurant, can't remember the name of it maybe Redbones?  On the lane on the Redground side where the gas station is.  Yow!  Do I ever know why the name of the place is Redground?  For sure my feet and legs were covered in red clay whenever it rained as well as my sandals.
     Back "in the day" Redground was a really gentle place, almost a church type of community of large families.  We knew that Jamaica was an English-speaking country, but when we woke up at 6 a.m. or something, we couldn't understand ANYTHING that was being spoken in that community.  I think it took us about two months to be able to understand the patois. 
    We had to ask for directions to get to the beach in the morning & walked down the Sav side of Redground Road, over the bridge & down the path to the beach. Oh my GOD!!! I had never ever ever seen such a beautiful place!  I've always loved the ocean, in my childhood I spent vacations in Gloucester Massachusetts & Penarth, South Wales, but the absolutely beautiful Negril Beach in 1972 was really mind blowing.
   I'm sorry violence has hit Redground, I think it was been that way for a while now.  Actually the last time I think I visited the place was in 1989 or so, looking to visit the Hinds family whose home I spent quite a bit of time at during the 1970's.  Though I always visit that little restaurant 1/2 way up the road on the gas-station side of Redground Road.  It's really bothering me that I can't remember the name of the place.
     Anyhow, Happy New Year's to all of the boardies.  I have no grand plans for New Year's Eve -- it's now absolutely freezing in upstate NY, and I haven't had to go to work all week long.  The only plans I have are to possibly leave my house tomorrow for a couple of large Lobster Tails or something.
   I'm semi-freaked that I'm not in Jamaica right now as I am usually there for a huge amount of years.  I had to put a new roof on my house, a couple of new doors both screen doors & main doors, prepay a huge oil bill and all this other crap like car insurance bills for two cars, home insurance policy payment (total waste of $$), anyways, I am TOTALLY missing Jamaica today, where I have been  during the past 30 years out there on the west end. 

RE: arrest for firearm in Red Ground - oldtimer - 12-31-2014

The Red Dragon..owner Rag-A-Bones..prince of a man !!!!