The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Goldeneye an Inspiration - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Goldeneye an Inspiration (/showthread.php?tid=100748)

Goldeneye an Inspiration - Venusdelondon - 01-04-2015

Hello Lovely People,

Im delighted to still see a lot of familiar names around here and plenty new.

Due to a total lifestyle makeover, including a move back to the UK, working full time and being a single Mum to 3 teenagers I haven't had much time to linger over here, but I have lurked on occasion. 

I hoping to make a jamaica trip this year - but then I have been saying that every year since 2011 and then life throws more random shit.  Not complaining tho, bring it on as I sincerely believe in angels and that it is all meant to be.

I have recentley been looking at online interior design pics for my living room as its about time I paid it some attention. (Hello RootsW : - ) x

I am totally star struck by James Bond's Jamaica and determind to make a pilgramage to that part of the island.  In the meantime, I found my living space inspiration - Goldeneye:

[attachment=1695]

Isn't it wonderful?

Does anyone have more interior pics of Fleming's splendid home to help feed my fantasy?

As part of my 2015 resolution I hope to devote more time to good friends online and off, its been a long time coming....

Life is short,
Life is sweet,
Break the rules, forgive quickly.
Kiss slowly.
Laugh out Loud.
Never regret anything that made you smile
Love every time

Happy 2015.

I'll be back : - ) x x x 

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - Venusdelondon - 01-04-2015

[attachment=1697]

photo shinnanagins!

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - rootswoman - 01-04-2015

Venus!
Its so great to "see" you here.  Its been really dead around here.
It sounds like you have started a whole new life - good for you!
I personally know how hard it is to leave the Greek Island life.  I also know how hard it is to live on a Greek Island with a Greek.  It sounds a lot better on paper.  I am sure you miss it every day, its a really tough choice.

This is my second time writing this post - I better get off this damn machine and get something accomplished today. Meanwhile, I had to take your challenge - this is what I found.  There are photos of the house when you follow the link and here are a couple more of the loving room

http://corradobonora.photoshelter.com/gallery/Ian-Flemings-house-in-Goldeneye-Jamaica/G0000trpc7z35gns
Ian Fleming's house in Goldeneye, Jamaica (17 images) Corrado Bonora, photographer

[attachment=1700]
[attachment=1699]

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - rootswoman - 01-04-2015

Venus - This is my favorite thing from Orcabessa and
if you have not seen this concert you are in for a treat.  It just gets better and better one tune to the next.

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - jeannieweenie - 01-06-2015

Venus!! I'm happy to see you! I visited Goldeneye a couple years back. It was amazing! It was hands down one of the nicest places I've ever visited. I felt like Oprah...in fact, I think she's been there. LOL. 

I wish I had the pictures. They are somewhere on my computer. But honestly, they don't do it justice.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through everything you have been through. It's tough but things get better. It seems though that you are doing great. Thanks for checking in. I have been super busy with the changes in my life as well and I lurk here still. It's good to "see" you. When I find the pics, I will send them. 

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - MissJamaicaSoul - 01-07-2015

Venus,

Happy New Year!!!
Its good to hear from you.I hope that you get your Jamaica trip.Thomas Cook were doing flights for under £400 from Manch to Mo Bay last time I looked....for May time....will go on and see what prices are for school hold.
MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - Schuttzie - 01-07-2015

Venus, so glad you are back!  Understandably, you have been going through some rough things with your move back to the UK.  I hope things are much better for you and your children.  

I love the pictures~  Many blessings in the new year!

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - Venusdelondon - 01-11-2015

Hi Kids,

Thank you all for your Greetings.

Roots, lovely photos thank you.  Gonna fix miself  a Bond Girl Pad!!

Thank you too for the music.  Always love my music and wow what a gig that was.  I knew of the Oracabessa festivals but have never seen the clip before so  that was a joy.

JeanieB, you have cast your travel net that little bit further, how wonderful.  I have yet to read your Trip Reports but have every intention of doing so.  I have visited Antigua and thought it so pretty, I am interested to read your thoughts and to know more of Montserrat.  

Schuttzie, wishing you all the very best, you are always such a sweetie and good to know you are still here.  I dont see much of you on FB.

Miss JaSoul...How are you surviving up in the outer Hebrides?  Whenever I see a TV weather map, there is always cloud over Scotland, snow, rain, or just grey, its dark up there Mrs!!!  I am finding it hard to cope with the Grey in London.  My son moans too and on a recent rainy school run he pointed out that "people in England go to work/school in the dark, sit indoors with the lights on and then come home in the dark".  Cheerful innit? 

I really need some Caribbean sunshine, so I am spending my Sunday afternoon reading all your trip reports and soaking up your photos to warm my bones -thank you!  And....

I HAVE BOOKED!!!!  Yes Lads!!! I've got this!!!

Not until the summer tho.  The 3 hooligans still keep me tied to school holidays.  They will spend their summer in Greece leaving me free to roam.

Not the ideal time to go I know, but beggers cant be choosers.

Miss JaSoul, I dont want to tell you how much I paid for the flight bc its daft and I wince every time I think about it,  but I need this and needs must! Virgin have a really good deal on between now and June.  £580 return, if you are interested.  I cant travel between those dates and I am therefore, understandably, gutted!

So: a solo trip, which is a first for me but it's what I want.  With so much change in my life, and now focusing so much on the kids and work, I need some me time to reflect and do a bit of soul searching and I am hoping to find some inner peace in Jamaica.

My eldest daughter thinks Im a saddo going alone and says she will be worried sick about me.  Tables turned and I found myself reassuring her that I can be sensible and promised I wont do anything irresponsible.   I wondered if I was going to get the "enough rope to hang yourself with" lecture but her closing comment was a very stern:

"Dont bring one home with you"!!  

Huh?  Not having a clue what she meant but feeling scolded I dutifully nodded and skulked out my own kitchen.

I have booked the flight only and made no accommodations plans as yet, but I do know it wont include Negril.  Having holidayed there twice and both times were lovely, its not what I want from this trip.  So who knows...
watch this space....Jamaica is my oyster Baby!!

Love every time  to all x x x x

PS in my yoga class today my yogi gave a nice little mantra to leave you all with:

My new year request is just a sweet smile to brighten the world : - D

I thought that rather lovely.

Ciao! x x x x

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - Schuttzie - 01-11-2015

Yeah, you have a tripped planned, how exciting for you!  Jamaica will give you time to reflect and heal your soul.  Thank you for your kind words, dear lady.  That is too funny about your daughter, lol, they do worry, too.

I don't post a lot on FB but do a lot of reading, probably too much, haha. Love the resolution....we all should smile more! Smile

RE: Goldeneye an Inspiration - MissJamaicaSoul - 01-11-2015

Venus,

I'm sooo delighted that you booked your flight to JA!!!!
You will have a blast going solo .
The other side of the island is truly beautiful and as a busy mum you definetly need some "me " time.A quiet or busy holiday ,its up to you,its lovely to have the choice and its all about you this time....lazy mornings, late lunches,sunbathing, tours,late nights...you find you just lose track of time in JA!

Wow...that's a great price for a Virgin flight...they offer great inflight service too.

Weatherwise here ,in Scotland....we are hunkered down here..bad storms,freezing...same old,same old!Lol!
No JA this summer.Was in Vegas in September and we are already booked for Orlando.....but that's early summer so who knows......I will be back over  in JA at some point.

Now count down those days until you "reach". Time will pass so quickly!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx