The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) (/showthread.php?tid=100791)

Pages: 1 2

Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - Firemon - 01-31-2015

Last weekend's inaugural Blues in Negril music festival, held at the West End-based Sea Star Inn resort.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20150131/ent/ent3.html

Kudos to Chris for setting that up!   Rasta Stan looking sharp. [attachment=1723]

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - rastagirl777 - 02-01-2015

We went to the Saturday night show and it was off the hook.  I had a great time - it was a great follow up to a few days of Government Mule too!  Seastar was a perfect venue - I'm glad it wasn't on the beach.  I hope they make this an annual thing - it was one of the highlights of my time spent in Negril!

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - booger - 02-01-2015

I was there Saturday night as well and had to sit on the pool bar to get a seat. Not at the pool bar, on the pool bar. The place was more packed than when I saw Luciano play there. It was an older crowd mostly and a little too sterile for me. My favorite part was when Rasta Stan played, but I am partial as Stan is a buddy of mine. With the turn out they would be crazy to not do it again. 

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-01-2015

We were there for all three days in the Hotel.

Really a blast but by the third night we were blues ed out.

Listened from our balcony.

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - Chickster - 02-02-2015

Is it true that Randy is no longer working at Seastar?

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - oldtimer - 02-02-2015

I wish that my friend "medium Bill " was there to play with them . Stan and Luddy just loved him last year when he played with them . Bill came back from Jamaica with more confidence than he ever had in his life . I guess losing 250lbs does wonders for the self esteem . He is going for a month this year starting some time in Feb. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan and Luddy !!!!!!! He also played with Likkle Red's man Otis as well and she said he rocked it !!!!

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - rastagirl777 - 02-02-2015

I saw folks sitting on the pool bar - I thought that was a pretty cool spot actually.  We had a table but I hardly sat for a moment, I was all over the place...dancing, catching up with the many friends that were there that night etc.  I thought all the music was great - Stan was a great MC and has a nice voice but I'm a dyed in the wool rock n' roller so this really spun my wheels.  I had fun Smile

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-02-2015

RG7777,

I wish Miss G and I knew you were there. Always like to meet board folks

Cap

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - booger - 02-02-2015

Chickster,
 Correct, Randy is no longer at Seastar.

RE: Blues In Negril (Sea Star) - booger - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 08:10 AM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  I saw folks sitting on the pool bar - I thought that was a pretty cool spot actually.  We had a table but I hardly sat for a moment, I was all over the place...dancing, catching up with the many friends that were there that night etc.  I thought all the music was great - Stan was a great MC and has a nice voice but I'm a dyed in the wool rock n' roller so this really spun my wheels.  I had fun Smile

It was a good spot.... And I believe I saw you at Just Natural last weekend. Any chance you were in a group of four with a younger man with a lot of tats? I wasn't sure it was you so I did not say hi. I saw the same gentleman at the airport on Saturday when we were leaving.