The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Over 50 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Over 50 (/showthread.php?tid=100801)

Over 50 - DAWN - 02-07-2015

Filmed at Roots with lots of familiar faces!

RE: Over 50 - oldtimer - 02-08-2015

Smooth moves !!! over 50 THAT'S ME !!!!

RE: Over 50 - DAWN - 02-08-2015

Me too oldTimer and that is what made me remember the song.  Some years back, when I had no thoughts I  myself, would be old like 50, I received a compilation cd with this song on it.  It was from a friend that has since sent me numerous complications of some wicked good music, including a "feel good" one when I was going thru cancer treatment in 2007.

After racking my "old" brain yesterday, thinking the artists name was ting something, scouring youtube and every lyrics site for the 50 song, I decided to check in with my friend.  He told me Chetenge was the artist and that there was a MTV taping of it at Roots Bamboo and that he was in it.  Keep in mind I had no idea or didn't remember there was a video of it.

I did remember that the artist was from Orange Bay, where I have stayed a couple of times.  I got that information when I carried my beloved cd to share at a bar at home where Reggae fest is held and the owner owns a house in Orange Bay.  He heard the song playing and told me about her living there.  I joked if he knows her how about bringing her up for reggae fest.   I felt some kind of nice way that I almost knew her.

I quickly went back to youtube with Chetnege's name in hand. It popped right up and had only been viewed  1,500 times.  I loved the video and it seems my friend had more than a little part that he so humbly spoke of.    There was also a horn player in it that my last trip,  had me carry a cd back FOR my friend. This horn player was baldhead in the video and I only know him with dreads. The band, a few dancers and of course   My friend were also spotted.

With all the people I recognized  or "know" in the video, I really feel some kind of way.  Do you know anyone in it?

RE: Over 50 - oldtimer - 02-08-2015

I don't know him but I think the white guy is a guy called Fireman from up around MiYard . I'm not sure if it is the same Fireman from this board .There are 2 black guys there that I think called themselves Fred and Barney . Maybe if it's the same Fireman from here he just might know . I watched it about 4-5 times squinting each time..hehehe

RE: Over 50 - DAWN - 02-08-2015

I dont know Fred and Barney but...the Overtakers, Frank the horn player and indeed it is Firemon!

RE: Over 50 - Firemon - 02-08-2015

Back in the day Roots Bamboo had a Jazz show every Sunday evening and Che Tenge would sing all the standards (ie-Fly me to the moon) with former Dragoneer Frank on trumpet with his remarkably crisp notes and riffs and proprietor Mr. P (Ted Plummer) would get up and dance grinning from ear to ear.   Supper club on the beach.  Romantic music.  Great vibe.  Even better when the stars came out and filled the night sky.

You can catch a glimpse of Mr. P doing the same here to Over 50, which is such a wonderful song, along with oh so many familiar faces.   Bless you Ted.  What a smile you brought to me one reach when you tossed me a Red Stripe T-Shirt with Staff written on the back.   Then there's Polkadot, Speedy, Leroy, Jacko, Washington, Ital, along with the owners of the Tri-Hull sailboat, vendors, etc.   Looks like Terry Linen and Kiprich were slated to appear at Roots that Wednesday.   "Bet You Didn't Know," "Couldn't Be The Girl For Me," (Linen) and Telephone Ting (Kiprich).

Anyways, this video was shot 10 years ago.  Such a lively tune with great lyrics.

Che Tenge!

RE: Over 50 - jitterbug - 02-08-2015

thanks dawn, that brought back some memories for sure.
nice tune for a cold sunday morning.

RE: Over 50 - rootswoman - 02-08-2015

Very nice Dawn! 
Firemon is on fire!
I am sure I would not have liked this song some years ago but now - at over 50 - its great  lol
I remember those Sunday evening jazz shows at Roots - I loved that.