The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Most indemad cell phones on the island? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Most indemad cell phones on the island? (/showthread.php?tid=101099)

Most indemad cell phones on the island? - LostBeachBum - 09-03-2015

Does anyone know the approximate current price for cell phones on the island and which ones are in demand? It used to be Iphones and blackberries. I could kick myself for not stopping in the pawn shop in Ochi... I'm going to bring down a few phones with me this time a laptop to make some extra $. I know the Iphone 6 and note 4 are going for $1000 so I could likely sell them for $700. But the real deals for me are on Iphone 4 and 5, Galaxy Note 2 and 3. I get these dirt cheap in my city but not sure how much they are selling for down there. Want to make sure I have a high enough margin to make it worth it. Anyone have any experience buying/selling phones who can give some input? Thanks!

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - jitterbug - 09-03-2015

what if you have to pay duty on the import?

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - CardBoardBox - 09-03-2015

Someone I know won a $700 celly and sold it, unused, for $300. Some state-of-the-art model, but I wasn't paying attention.
You might have heard of high prices, but when it comes down to an actual transaction, the buyers can be very clever, etc., and might try to convince you to just give it to them.

More than one or two phones and customs would surly have a field day with you. And by rights; the government depends upon duties and GCT to stay in business.

Not the answer you seek but do think of the down side.

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - LostBeachBum - 09-04-2015

Thanks for the words of advice. I wound up buying a few different models. They were all cheap so I'm sure I'll make a few $. All I will say about customs is where there's a will there's a way. Bless up

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - jitterbug - 09-04-2015

what happened to your cooking business???

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - rootswoman - 09-05-2015

Jitters - somewhere in a thread below (after being questioned about working papers) LBB explained that the Nine Mile Project  is a volunteer position.  He is strictly there to help. He had to fly home for medical reasons. Its no wonder why he is looking for a little spending money. Im sure he didnt expect another RT ticket and medical expenses added to his budget.

If you get caught with more than one phone, perhaps tell them that they are for your family, when they visit , so that you can all stay in touch.  Ive heard a lot crazier stories .  

RE: Most indemad cell phones on the island? - jitterbug - 09-06-2015

oops, rootswoman,  sounds like i misunderstood what he was doing in ja . . .