The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Bourbon Beach - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bourbon Beach (/showthread.php?tid=101147)

Bourbon Beach - Tim - 10-09-2015

I figured I would start a new thread due to the lack of them lately.
I have really noticed thru facebook that Bourbon Beach seems to be a happening place these days, lots of events going on there.
I am guessing there will be plenty of shows there in late December early January while we will be in Negril. We generally don't stay out very late in the evenings but seeing as we will be very close to there for one of our weeks I hope there are some good concerts to go see this trip.
Shouldn't be long before we start to see ads for shows this Christmas season in Negril.
We are flying from Saskatoon to MoBay thru Winnipeg this year and will be happy to avoid the nightmare otherwise known as Pearson airport in Toronto.

RE: Bourbon Beach - Blues Pirate - 10-09-2015

Winterpeg has direct flights? Cold

RE: Bourbon Beach - Westenders - 10-09-2015

Yes bourbon beach has been the it place since last year.
I always find it funny how the Negril nightlife moves in cycles of popularity.

Next visit coming up, so will post who will be there in the near future.

Seems to be a few new bars popping up as well...

RE: Bourbon Beach - Winni - 10-09-2015

BP - Winnipeg has had direct flights to Mobay for as long as I can remember.

I must admit, when the occasion arises and we get motivated to go out to do some dancing, we like BB.  The house band is quite good and the environment is for the tourists, so the bands are on much earlier.  Plenty of seating, drinks are reasonable and usually there is a nice bonfire going.

w

RE: Bourbon Beach - Flintstone - 10-09-2015

Tim I hear you about the To. airport,  what a hassle, wait for luggage then recheck in line, wait some more... Gotta love the direct flight. Only visited B.B. once no live music, just a fire on the beach it was alright. Maybe we will see a show there this year!

RE: Bourbon Beach - Jerrydread - 10-10-2015

Always have a good time at BB and have seen many great acts over the years.
The Mighty Diamonds put on a great performance there a few years back. On arrival day I was stumbling down the beach and
low and behold Mighty Diamonds Tonight! Love the Spontaneity that JA always provides.
Also saw reggae veteran Ken Parker give an impromptu performance there
Does the waiter that zips all around with his tray still work there?

RE: Bourbon Beach - Oldtimer2 - 10-10-2015

BB has been through some unsetteled times since it was DeBuss . I think the hanger outers are a lot less . Love the earlyier endings . It gives a chance to " get home " and maybe hang out for awhile there . That nut from Canada was probably the worst .The last 2 years I've been on a different end of the beach and loved it . The less hassle the better . I don't have the "A" game I once had .

RE: Bourbon Beach - Beachballer - 10-11-2015

Bourbon Beach has been the place for over a year now. Obviously the few other spots have their nights but BB has something EVERY night. Mostly, live music but they have a DJ and/or a magic show a couple of nights a week. Their schedule is posted so you know what at you are walking into. That, along with a big name artist occasionally, makes it a nice venue. You still have the characters, hustlers, and higglers in attendance too! It winds down between 1:30 and 2:00

RE: Bourbon Beach - rastagirl777 - 10-11-2015

I have seen lots of great shows over the years at DeBuss/Bourbon Beach.  I never minded the "hangers outers" there or anywhere - more character, lol.  (I was at that Mighty Diamonds show too!).

Saw Gramps Morgan there last December.  Here's the unfortunate thing - the music that was blaring - and I mean BLARING from next door at the bar which has since closed (forgot the name) really put a damper on things.  There were moments in the show, like when he brought his father on stage to introduce him to the audience, that were quiet and the noise really got in the way.  Hopefully their new neighbor will be more considerate.

We were gifted VIP tickets too for that show and I have to say that was a nice scene...great view comfortable and attentive service.  Not sure I'd pay for it next time but its really nice how they've redone the place and made it look less "seedy".  Got a chance to peer into one of the guest rooms up there and they look nice too, if you can manage the night time activities and music that is.

As far as knowing the Christmas/New Years week line up - I wouldn't even start to check until after Thanksgiving.  I know the Gramps show came up pretty suddenly within a few weeks of it happening.  That's the way things go in Jamaica with music - you can't plan your trip around it but you can certainly be in for some pretty neat surprises during your stay!