The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A lot has changed..... soon everything - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A lot has changed..... soon everything (/showthread.php?tid=101173)

Pages: 1 2

A lot has changed..... soon everything - Ron-Mon - 10-29-2015

I posted awhile back that I had a trip planned for OCT and the trip would be unique in that it would be a "wedding-moon". Well that didn't quite work out and I called the wedding off. We decided to remain "engaged" and see if we could get some momentum going and work thru things. We re-booked our trip and just dropped the wedding portion and decided to march on with a great Negril trip. We all know the magic of Negril and I though that was just what we needed. Unfortunately my Father became ill last month and we decided to postpone the trip until next month. Yeah, you guessed that didn't work either. All was revealed and it became clear there could be no relationship at all.

Then things got worse.......

The initially minor illness my Father had was after 5 weeks diagnosed as terminal cancer. A healthy guy that was on a camping trip and became suddenly ill and diagnosed with lyme disease, malaria and then non-treatable cancer in the spine, stomach, lungs and one other place that I can't recall at the moment. Diagnosis 50/50 he see X-mas.

I am not sure when I will get to Negril again as obviously everything is on hold as we get thru this. I am sure that when I do Negril will be a great comfort. I will be solo as far as my relationship status is concerned, but what will be the biggest loss of my life, that of my Father is what will be paramount and in need of the Negril soothing that we all know so well.

One Love,

R

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - Firemon - 10-29-2015

Sorry about your dad.  Sounds like you're better off having not tied the knot. Hopefully your next gal appears before long and there's no question she warrants a stay in a Little Cottage in Negril.

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - rootswoman - 10-30-2015

Oh wow - that is a lot to go through all at once.

The good news in Jamaica isin't going anywhere.

I am so sorry to hear about your Father - when it rains it pours . That is all just too much.  

It sounds like your decisions are good - although hard ones to make. Its better find out ahead of time.  Divorce is no fun.

Wishing you strength to get through this rough rough time.

There aren't many of us around these days - but I am glad you reached out to us, there are still some here who really care.  The purpose of this board is to be here for each other.

Hang tight Ron-Mon.  Feel free to lean on us here. 

February is a great time to visit Negril. 

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - CardBoardBox - 10-30-2015

I won't go into the details of my Dad's passing. I won't comment about relationships other than mentioning that the expression "raining on your parade" can mean external events have a negative affect (with your girlfriend.)

But I will say I am sorry for your Dad and the stress onto you, AND two more things; Remember to tell you dad you love him, and talk or ask questions of him while you still have the chance.

I regret not asking my dad about his days in the Navy during WW-II, and his friends/experiences while he was growing up. Maybe go through photo albums ....

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - Ron-Mon - 10-30-2015

Thank you all very much for the warm replies. I was having a glass of wine or two and recalled that I had not posted anything about cancelling my last trip which would have been my wedding or whatever. I had no intention of writing all that I did, it just kind of happened. I initially was just going to write that I had to cancel my trip and was likely going to be trying a solo trip sometime in the near future. I guess my fingers had other plans.

Thanks again to you all. Cardboard, you hit the nail on the head. I can't say I have been close to my Father and lots of time has been lost over the years. I have however been phoning every day now. I am going to visit this weekend, I have not seen him in months, I think Easter was the last time.

I have divorced once and I am glad I didn't get in a situation to where I had to go thru that again. For that I am thankful. I am hopeful that I will have my day and I have a wedding credit (non-refundable) on hold at COUPLES. haha.

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - Schuttzie - 10-31-2015

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of this, Ron-Mon.  My heart goes out to you...just so much for you to deal with, my goodness!  

CBB, is so right in that you need to try to talk as much with your father as can so no regrets later.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!  

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - wendy - 10-31-2015

Sorry to hear about your daddy...ive had 4 people pass in my family within 6 months, including my mom....sucks donkey dicks. Go enjoy time with your dad as much as u can.

Cant say that im sorry with the ex-bride though...Smile  didnt sound as though it was meant to be from the get go...keep searching.

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - Ron-Mon - 10-31-2015

I agree 100%  I am thankful all was revealed to me in time to get out of it with the GF/Fiance'/EX.  I also lost my doggy to lymphoma cancer three weeks ago.  I rescued this little fella from the shelter today.

His name is Marley! Hes a great pal and a lot fun/work. haha

[attachment=2212]

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - jitterbug - 10-31-2015

ron-man, so so sorry about your dad . . . spend as much time as you can with him . . . i believe life throws us what we can handle . . . it was not meant to be with your lady love . . . when you can, go to jamaica, it's healing just being there. . . just returned myself!! . . . 

here's hoping for better times ahead.

marley will be a great comfort.

RE: A lot has changed..... soon everything - Ron-Mon - 10-31-2015

I am def heading to Negril after things settle down. My airfare was transferable and I had a Groupon for Travelers that needed used. Gail at Negril Treehouse was beyond kind and understanding. She didn't charge me any cancellation fee and said I can reschedule whenever they have availability. I might add that was all without me even asking for any such favor!!

This will be a solo trip in Jan. or Feb. I would guess. I want to do 3 nights on the beach and three in the cliffs.

It def was not meant to be with the non Ex-GF. I am very at peace with it, maybe even strangely so. I heard a Jamaican say when they have problems they go and stare out over the ocean and the ocean takes the problem out to sea and heals. I am going to give that a try for sure!