The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
reservation confirmation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: reservation confirmation (/showthread.php?tid=101225)

Pages: 1 2

reservation confirmation - daniel - 12-12-2015

cabin on the beach

[attachment=2269] my ex gave me this recently , reservation confirmation from 1980 ...

RE: reservation confirmation - Firemon - 12-13-2015

Such a shame what's happened to the Jamaican dollar since then.

Thanks for including the stamps (bauxite, tryall, dunnes).

Blenders  sure come in handy down in Jamaica.

28_1_16

RE: reservation confirmation - oldtimer - 12-13-2015

What a great !!! letter.

RE: reservation confirmation - jitterbug - 12-14-2015

when we all used to write letters!!

RE: reservation confirmation - rastagirl777 - 12-14-2015

Back in the 80's I never bothered with reservations so this is unique!
It wasn't until the 90's when I started to fax confirmations - the hotel I stayed at I had a preferred room that I insisted on and would often plan my dates around its availability.  After the first time that a "handshake" had me move out of that room in the middle of my stay I started writing it all down and insisting on signatures.  Never had to move mid-stay again Smile

RE: reservation confirmation - Blues Pirate - 12-14-2015

I would bet a 24 of Red Stripe that the letter took at least a month to arrive.

RE: reservation confirmation - CardBoardBox - 12-15-2015

I won't take that bet BP, the letter being 1980, although in the '89-93 era it was 2 weeks each way. Gee, not much has changed by 2015. LOL

Like daniel's blender request, I received a verbal one for a pressure cooker and for $2, found a brand new one at a yard sale, a $30 value?, which customs hit with $8 duty when it was picked up at the post office. This ticked off the "friend" and I never got my $2 nor postage nor another letter.

Since that time, we have been warned of sending gifts via the mail. Remember those days? Either it was not ransomed, or was but we were told the item (or $) never arrived, possibly to get a replacement delivered on our next trip.

As for rastagirl777 not making reservations, mostly I did but have never, ever paid a deposit after 1989. My name was my bond. And the one time I did not show up, Jean of Negril Beach Club Condos refused my offer of one nights $ for defaulting. That was the time we got diverted to Puerto Rico for a few hours but turned out to be an overnighter for me; I could not understand the airport announcements until I saw my flight leaving.

RE: reservation confirmation - rastagirl777 - 12-16-2015

I've never paid a deposit - for hotels or for my house rental - ever.

RE: reservation confirmation - daniel - 12-16-2015

back in the day . there was no phone in Miss Doris yard . We stayed with Miss Doris in 1977 , no reservations , no clue where we were going . Negril .. ended up beachfront . Paradise . went back in 78 , no rooms with Doris . stayed mid-yard with miss Edith , all good .  By 1980 we figured we might need a reservation. Shocked to see Treehouse standing next door . It was pretty much undeveloped before then .
We used to go for easter , the letter was written late Feb. , and , I think we got it in time.     
Oh yes , mr customs wanted a piece from the blender . I was prepared . Insisted it had been used , and , it was for personal use . He gave up on me when he saw someone else with a bag of power tools ... you know the saying , no matter how things change , they stay the same .  
1980 was the last time I spent more than 24 hrs in Negril . That will change this Feb. , we are booked back on the beach for a week .

RE: reservation confirmation - kylake - 12-16-2015

Thanks for posting Daniel. The letter and this thread has been interesting and a blast from the past I never knew since Mexico was my destination then.