The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Western Ambulance Crisis - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Western Ambulance Crisis (/showthread.php?tid=101229)

Western Ambulance Crisis - JonTom - 12-17-2015

another article on ambulances (or lack of) in Western JA. Seems familiar.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/regional/Crisis_45897

RE: Western Ambulance Crisis - Flintstone - 12-18-2015

Wow, 346 road fatalities  as of Dec. 14 in Jamaica, 50 in Westmoreland and no ambulances. I wonder if any of the crash fatalities could have been saved with better care? I think Jamaica could make drivers licences harder to obtain by stricter testing, maybe even graduated licences for beginners. As visitors we have seen some excellent drivers in Jamaica, for example some of the truck drivers doing deliveries swaying down the streets of Lucea, or the larger busses driving to Ricks. Then there's the other drivers that cannot follow traffic flows and Must pass everyone regardless of conditions. Every time we are here I am so tempted to rent a motorcycle since I ride one at home, however the behavior of the other drivers on the road has so far kept me from trying it.

RE: Western Ambulance Crisis - rastagirl777 - 12-19-2015

We've rented motorcycles in Jamaican for a number of years and for varying lengths of time.  Having ridden all over the island I can tell you unequivocably that Negril and its environs hosts the absolute worst drivers on the island.  Riding a motorcycle here is like being in a video game, you are convinced they are aiming at you, lol!  That said, I've done it and survived but I think we are passing on it this year.  If we want to do another road trip we'll rent a car.  Otherwise, there's no need for a vehicle for us, we'll take our chances with taxi drivers we know and can navigate through the eediats on the road.

PS: I'm here three weeks and have not seen an ambulance, not once.

RE: Western Ambulance Crisis - oldtimer - 12-19-2015

That can't be true about no ambulances ,Bobby didn't confirm this....hehehe I know a witness to that accident . The ambulance was going flat out for no reason and just lost control of it !!!!! I would like to say  "driver error " but it was " driver neglect " !!!!

RE: Western Ambulance Crisis - Firemon - 12-20-2015

Maybe they could get Google to send them a Driverless Ambulance so it isn't driven (w)recklessly.