The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Another tragic loss in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another tragic loss in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=101333)

Another tragic loss in Negril - wv-gal - 03-03-2016

I just read this article regarding the death of a resort owner in Negril. She is a Canadian that owns a resort which sounds to me like the Spa Resort near Miss Jenny's. I may be wrong about the resort, but I recall meeting the couple that owned Spa Resort and the picture of her in the link...looks so familiar. We have never stayed there (too much $$ for us) but we have eaten there several times each trip and it is truly a fabulous resort with wonderful food. Such a tragic loss!!

Here is the link... http://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/St-Albert-woman-found-dead-in-Jamaica-20160227

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - Blues Pirate - 03-03-2016

The Spa is the Spa Retreat so yes it's the same person. Very sad news. But again why is the media (and this is not Jamaican media either) waiting for a such a long time to report it? Perhaps Rastagirl is right.  No news is good news for tourism. And reporting this at the peak of high season would have not been received well.

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - CardBoardBox - 03-03-2016

Long story short, here is another news source:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/st-albert-woman-questions-autopsy-results-in-mother-s-death-1.3473618?cmp=rss

Autopsy says Connie Lisowecki drowned due to a possible drug or alcohol overdose. (that's the sub-headline)

Story says: at her home pool (at another location.)

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - wv-gal - 03-03-2016

OMG, I am truly saddened...no matter if I had met the person or not, but the kindness that was shown to us on one of our visits there was obviously, memorable. One of the owners introduced himself to us at the bar one evening. He took us around showing us their resort with such pride. That was when, he later introduced us to her. A beautiful vibrant lady with such a warm, welcoming smile.
I pray for her family and that some answers may be found by the autopsy.
I also wondered why there was such a time lag on the article. I just came across it while doing some research on the resort itself. A friend of mine was hunting for an upscale resort on the cliffs for a special occasion and I immediately thought of the Spa Resort.  My heart goes out to all that knew her and to all that loved her.

Thanks for your post Pirate..

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - jitterbug - 03-03-2016

i was under the impression  it's not the same person . . .
this person that drowned owned the "negril retreat" . . . 
different than the "spa retreat" . . . 
but i could be wrong of course . . .

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - Bob and Pat - 03-03-2016

Jitterbug...you are correct, these are 2 different properties.

Bob and Pat, where is the Negril Retreat??  As I posted, her face looked familiar yet having been to Negril over 25 plus times, many faces are familiar. Saddened regardless but I just keep knowing that I had met her before...just trying to piece it all together in my mind. Blessings

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - Bob and Pat - 03-03-2016

http://www.negrilretreat.com

From the aerial photo shown on website, it's location is inland...

Thanks guys!  This definitely answers my question. I had googled the resort name with nothing except the Spa Resort.  So, obviously, this is not the women that I met. Granted, I could have met her somewhere along the way...but not who I was thinking of. Much respect for your info and my heart still goes out to all that knew her and loved her.
I always hate to read about such tragedies in a land that I love, warts and all. However, all of the sad news does make one reflect.

RE: Another tragic loss in Negril - Blues Pirate - 03-04-2016

I stand corrected.