The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night (/showthread.php?tid=101424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Tim - 05-26-2016

Jitterbug has it right. About everything she has posted this thread.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Firemon - 05-27-2016

I believe the word "crossfire" is getting thrown around incorrectly when "errant shot" would be more appropriate as crossfire implies two shooters shooting at one-another.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Blues Pirate - 05-27-2016

SRV's classic 'Crossfire'

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - fatty pondirock - 05-27-2016

For the record...Pablo's is not at the beginning of Lime Tree Lane...that would be Spyder's bar!! Pablo's is further south almost to Samsara!! 
I must also add....RG (the expert on all things Negril) does seem rather hysterical in her rant!!! Thank you Jitterbug for speaking the truth...as usual!!!
Carry on people...LOL

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - rastagirl777 - 05-27-2016

What exactly was "right" about JB's post and "wrong" about mine Tim? Or is it just because I posted it, its wrong?

Fatty, haven't seen you here for a while. Thanks for your input as always. I honestly never went to Pablo's and couldn't remember exactly where it was.

I don't think I need to be an "expert" to express an opinion. That's all it was and you guys are getting all crazy around it. Sorry for you.

Its really too bad that this board is so negative towards Negril - its become "the place" to bitch, moan and wring hands about the runnings there. Makes me sad for the folks that actually LIVE there all year long trying to make a living. There was a meeting yesterday at CSA meant to address many issues facing Negril and the surrounding area (in the wake of the Royalton disaster.) Trying to stay in touch to find out what POSITIVE things might come out of that.

Sayonara kids. Enjoy your vacations in Negril or where ever the force takes you.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Tim - 05-27-2016

I just agreed with JB's opinions and comments, as did others.

But I agree with you, I feel for the people that do actually live there. if go for a day, a week, 8 weeks, whatever, you are still just a visitor and can decide to leave anytime you wish; and the fact that a person is there at all just proves you are far better off than 99% of the people that scrape by in Jamaica.

I don't see anyone slamming Negril, just your condescending and know it all attitude.

I love Negril, just hate the violence.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Flintstone - 05-27-2016

Tim , amen to your last post. Fatty, sorry  guess I was off by a few meters, I would still eat there, not afraid just cautious. RG I just don'nt like the way they treat business owners, Who is going to want to run a bar when this kind of thing is going on? Its one thing to rob but another to kill someone, when this happens here in Canada we have resourses to catch the perp.'s unlike in Jamaica.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - rastagirl777 - 06-02-2016

Who was the bar owner - which bar?  And was it ever confirmed the man was shot there, or as originally reported in his home?

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - CardBoardBox - 06-03-2016

"Who was the bar owner - which bar?  And was it ever confirmed the man was shot there, or as originally reported in his home?" -end-quote-

There were 2 stories (see page 1 of this thread?) RG777. One owner shot at his bar, one owner shot in his bathroom at his home. Hence the 'originally reported' would not apply.

As for "confirmed", I do not put much faith in Jamaican news writers.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - rastagirl777 - 06-04-2016

OK, so neither story was confirmed.  I now know the location of the bar from a local friend.  They had no idea which story was correct though as far as WHERE dude was shot.

You know I'm surprised this even made the papers.  Last year several shootings as well as dead body discoveries happened and not a word in the press - or on social media for that matter.  One of them was a murder of a well known and respected business man in Negril (he was shot at his home outside of Negril).  It made me start to wonder if the press was laying off stories such as these so that the stories would not run wild and the tourists would not run away.