The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night (/showthread.php?tid=101424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - TAH - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 04:04 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  "You know, I watched for years as you shouted down anyone who questioned tourist safety in Negril. "Tourists are NOT targeted", "this stuff doesn't happen where tourists hang out", and many, many other ways that you belittled those who saw the forest through the trees. For a while there, you even had me thinking that I was over-reacting."

Up until this past Saturday tourists were NOT targeted.  This stuff did NOT happen where tourists hang out.

So you can all feel good about being "right"...I've been sick about being "wrong".  Be hysterical if that's what floats your boat - a tourist was killed and we don't know why...wrong place wrong time?  robbery gone bad?  something more personal?  We may never know.  But there, right in the middle of West End Road, 9:00pm - in between two popular resorts.

Maybe this is why there's a $2M JMD reward being offered.  There's no reward offered to find the guy who killed Colin Lynch.  Or the guy who shot up those 4 people on Lime Tree Lane...or the guy who gunned down the owner of Wise Choice's husband.  The only glimmer of hope is that now that a tourist has been shot, the powers that be might actually HAVE to do something.  If I were Jamaican or living in Negril full time that would both piss me off and make me "relieved".
To the businesses in Negril the sky is falling.  And it will continue to for a while. In the end THEY are the folks that depend on a short 3 month period with which to feed their families.  Aside from the grieving families of all dead, they lose and lose big.  But go ahead and celebrate being "right all along".  You were.  It was a matter of time as it turns out.  And now here we are.

Enjoy the Virgin Islands - my cousin used to rent a house in St. John for the winter, loved it.  Be safe where ever you may roam.

RG, I mean this sincerely; You have the potential to be a source of good, as it relates to educating tourists about Negril. You continually let your ego get in your way. Maybe one of these times you should really take the time to reflect on just why it is that you seem to attract so much heat from so many...

I promise you the answers can be found right on this here thread if you care to really look. There are a half dozen points I am tempted to make right now, but I don't have the energy or the will.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2016

"RG, I mean this sincerely; You have the potential to be a source of good, as it relates to educating tourists about Negril. You continually let your ego get in your way. Maybe one of these times you should really take the time to reflect on just why it is that you seem to attract so much heat from so many...

I promise you the answers can be found right on this here thread if you care to really look. There are a half dozen points I am tempted to make right now, but I don't have the energy or the will."

So many?  Including you, I count TWO others.  Same two as always.  Ah well...can't be everyone's cup of tea and I find it so interesting that I get under you skin so much that you keep coming back, and back, and back....it's kinda funny in a sad way...

I do plenty of reflection in my life and I don't just spew words.  I craft them.  I speak my truth and if that annoys you, oh well.  Can't do anything about how you feel now can I?

You don't have the energy or the will...finally!  Dude...50 people are dead in Orlando.  A tourist is dead in Negril.  There's so much going on that its a relief that you are giving up this attack on lil' ol' me and maybe doing some reflecting yourself as to why you let me get under your skin and what a waste of energy it is to keep confronting me.  There's some serious shit going on in the world...in Negril, everywhere.  My energy and thoughts and reflections are with the people I love that are affected by things like violence and cancer and hunger.  Maybe you are the one that needs to reflect on what's really important?

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2016

"If any of this interest you do a search on manufactured spend and credit card churning. You will find numerous bloggers who are more than happy to teach you how to "work" the system. "

Reminds me of Macy, RIP!

Right now my work flying and spending on AA covers all vacations I take through the year, including Jamaica...First or Business too.  Haven't had the need to churn but its worth studying up on.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - TAH - 06-14-2016

Wow, your hubris is stunning.
Let's see, why would I be bothered by the things you have said over and over, especially viewed in light of recent events... it's truly an enigma. One of the great mysteries of the world.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - kylake - 06-14-2016

Hey Booger, long time no see. How is the utter board treating the news. Sweeping under the rug, belittling people that are saying this is serious bad stuff and should be brought into light.

Both or neither just wondering.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - Firemon - 06-14-2016

The mantra remains Jamaica No Problem.   Bad timing Orlando.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - captaind on Zion Hill - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 05:01 PM)Firemon Wrote:  The mantra remains Jamaica No Problem.   Bad timing Orlando.  

My posts over there are not mantra.

Cap

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - booger - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 03:44 PM)kylake Wrote:  Hey Booger, long time no see. How is the utter board treating the news. Sweeping under the rug, belittling people that are saying this is serious bad stuff and should be brought into light.

Both or neither just wondering.

You should jump over and take a look.

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - RoodDog - 06-15-2016

"So many? Including you, I count TWO others. Same two as always. Ah well...can't be everyone's cup of tea and I find it so interesting that I get under you skin so much that you keep coming back, and back, and back....it's kinda funny in a sad way..."

RastaGirl, I agree with TAH and Jitterbug. I don't comment much at all but felt compelled. I see your comments on other boards/forums as well.

I've been debating on cancelling our next trip but it's not until February so I'll wait to see if anything changes.

(RastaGirl, please don't yell at me)

RE: bar owner shot dead in Negril last night - DAWN - 06-15-2016

I learned a new word this week-hubris.

And you can add me to the count that believes the hubris cap fits.