The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Illegal Fishing - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Illegal Fishing (/showthread.php?tid=101470)

Illegal Fishing - Firemon - 07-08-2016

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36734578

Most of the illegal vessels are known as bottom trawlers; banned in some parts of the world because they are so destructive. "Up to 90% of the catch can be thrown back into the sea often already dead," according to Greenpeace.

"These illegal pirate fishing operators are in effect stealing from some of the poorest people on our planet to provide short-term profit to wealthy fishing operators," says EJF head Steve Trent.

RE: Illegal Fishing - oldtimer - 07-08-2016

I'm glad you put this up here Firemon . It seems each time I mention how it is the Asians that are destroying our ocean life I get booed by not being politically correct . It is TRUE !!!!! Under the " bump " on the west coast of Africa the Taiwanese would run longlines 900 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long. One boat runs them and one boat picks them up .That area is just about void of fish . At one time that was like The Grand Banks of Newfoundland off the east coast of Nova Scotia . They catch sharks and cut their fins off and throw them back into the sea . They are a cruel and self serving soceity of fish assissians(sp) with no thought of anything but themselves . There are vessels 900ft long that have dragger nets that are 1/4 mile wide at the top and 2 miles long . Everything but the top is crushed to mush . If it was up to me I would blow them out of the water and shoot the survivors .

RE: Illegal Fishing - kylake - 07-08-2016

Thanks for the article Firemon. The Chinese/China are exploiting resources of all kinds everywhere all over the world.
Just remember when a person buys junk from Hobby Lobby, WalMart and many other locations you are helping to fund the government in China and the irresponsible things the Chinese government is doing and funding.  

RE: Illegal Fishing - CardBoardBox - 07-08-2016

Yea, thanks for the totally disturbing article.

My dad said some Florida fishermen use illegal nets and store them on islands so they don't get caught bringing them back to port. But his cries fell on deaf ears.

China is MY cause because of the extensive reading I've done about the world wide policies. On their homeland, what they do doesn't make me too happy either (Absolute power corrupts ...)

As for Wal-mart, I understand why other companies have to use the cheap China labor rate, but I think WM was wrong in the first place. Long ago I was under the false impression (probably a WM press-release type story) that they, WM, would want lower prices from manufaturers and work with them to achieve same. But later learned WM would really just demand lower prices through threats of not carrying a company's products. Rubbermaid went out of business this way - WM wanted below mfg cost and did not care!

There is so much waste and greed and short sightedness. "Stop the world I want to get off" represents my feelings about living on this planet.
When will the mases smarten up? Politians living high on the hog while the population starves is part of the problem. More interested in their job/own selves than for doing good. Maybe we should give the United Nations some nukes.

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

RE: Illegal Fishing - kylake - 07-08-2016

Quote: CBB wrote: Long ago I was under the false impression (probably a WM press-release type story) that they, WM, would want lower prices from manufaturers and work with them to achieve same.
When Sam Walton was alive you are correct and the article was correct. When Sam died and the kids took over it was all money driven at any price regardless of where an item was manufactured. I hate the kids policy, search hard to find what I want made in America or at least not in China. Have not been in Wally World for many, many years. Basically not to long after Sam passed away I stopped going. Don't miss it a bit!