The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=101654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 02-04-2017

I'm jealous of you Kylake and Sharleen! I'd love to be back there right now, sigh. Working on staying longer next year, more of a budget thing.

At 11 posts now and going to add some more today I hope.

http://travelsinjamaica.com/

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Sharleen - 02-04-2017

ohliz, I have been following your reports on Treasure Beach & get the emails of your updates at work, a thankful distraction from my usual work-related emails!  Kylake, my email is scb01@albany.edu
   Unfortunately for me, I will be going this time with my 20+ year old daughter, she nixed my "great" Treasure Beach vacation & we will be going to Negril.  Most of the places in Treasure Beach that I had introduced as to where to stay were booked for when we have our trip planned.  I live in upstate NY, my two acres are covered in snow with solid ice on top, I need to get out of here for the sun and sea  Most of my relatively recent times there have been when I have had two kids in college so a budget place to stay was mandatory.  Usually at Kingsley's ocean front property across from Ocean Edge, sometimes off season at Blue Cave Castle and mostly at Citronella, though I swear the duplex cottage had bed bugs, I was bitten each and every night. 
   If we had to go to Negril I was set on Tingalya's -- when I lived in Negril for ten years it was off to Mr. Hogg's property daily, I think I would only go to the beach two times a year when I had visitors from home.  I know every inch of that land in my memory, I love it out there.  My daughter thought it "looked too quiet" out there.  To me, I think it looks perfect. 
   So we are booked for some really tourist places -- years ago I used to hang out at Eleanor's place "The Sands" -- loved that place, so we are booked at The Treehouse, very near to where their treehouse was.  And then on to Catcha Falling Stars in one of their right on the water places, I forget the name of the cottage.  In the 1970's I remember when Bonnie first bought the property.  I know the noise of the traffic and the barking dogs will most likely bother me, but oh well...
  I definitely won't be going to my off the beaten tracks usual haunts in various places in Hanover!  And hopefully won't be standing out on the west end road at midnight going to a stage show looking for a ride!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - shipmaster - 02-04-2017

Eleanor and I at the Sands. 1979

[attachment=2568]

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Sharleen - 02-04-2017

Eleanor and Hans were so great to me -- I was I think only 19 years old when I moved to Jamaica.  One time during a very dry no rain time I had gotten a very bad pneumonia like sickness & Hans would have his cook make me "Fish Eye Soup" oh my god it had actual Fish Eyes in there.  That was a very long time ago, in the early 1970's. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 02-08-2017

Sharleen, you've got mail unless it gets caught as spam @edu.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 02-15-2017

Liz, just reading 11 and 12 installments in your blog. Just a little past Eggy's was about as far as we walked on Frenchman's last year. How far past is Frenchman's Reef bar? Also is there anything much down at the very end of Frenchman's where walking the beach ends. We have more time in TB this year and maybe will have Kevin drive us around to places like Billy's Bay and Great Bay, Lover's Leap, etc.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - oldtimer - 02-15-2017

my suggestion Santa Cruz Mts , The closer to Billy's Bay and Port Charles the worse the road BUT !!!!! the view is worth it .TB is made for just sauntering along doing nothing but looking around with probably nobody bothering you at all.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 02-15-2017

kylake - Frenchmans Reef restaurant/bar is adjacent to Golden Sands. Same family owns both though they are run separately. When I asked at Frenchmans about rooms, they sent over a lovely lady who gave me a tour of Golden Sands (where I'd gladly stay if returning solo or with my kids since it's in the middle of everything really). 

Eggys and Frenchmans are a 1-2 minute walk apart: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.8826251,-77.7669989,17z

I never walked further but my daughter did - past GS there are a couple of villas and then the TN hotel on the end. I could see her the entire time from the F Reef bar, the bay isn't all that big. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 02-15-2017

Liz, thanks for the map link. That splans everything as Ricky Ricardo would say. From Eggy's we saw something like a make shift bar on the beach at the point and I will investigate that this time with a walk about. As you said it is not that far.
OT, Santa Cruz Mts. is on one side of where we stay and I bet the view from up there is spectacular they also have some wind turbines up there but they were not turned on the last visit. Sauntering around is a good term and that is all we did last time and maybe that is all we will end up doing again. As you stated with "nobody bothering you at all"

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 02-15-2017

Oldtimer is right - you can saunter around all of the TB without being bothered. I did have a vendor offer wood carvings while sitting on the beach once...not a big deal Smile

You go into the mountains bit to get to Lover's Leap. Half hour from TB, pretty drive nad view.