The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=101654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - oldtimer - 04-16-2017

When I read your blogs it's as I'm right there with you . Thanks !!!!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 04-16-2017

Thank you OT!

Added one more, the beginning of our trip up the river. 

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/04/a-boat-day-with-dennis-1-heading-out.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 04-18-2017

Uno mas Smile

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/04/a-boat-day-2-mangroves-and-crocs-oh-my.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 04-19-2017

Still following Liz. Thank you for more postings. Dennis is a great individual and thanks again so much for letting us know about him.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - JonTom - 04-20-2017

Thanks once again for the posts ohliz.

That video of "going out" in Dennis' boat had me confused because I see the shore off to the right of the boat... thinking you are going West along the south coast, but then you pan left and there is land on the LEFT side too! finally figured from your report that you "went out", but then the video was probably heading in to the mouth of Black River.

I went there years ago. have you ever petted a croc? they are surprisingly soft! (or that part of the pet-able "paw" was, anyway).

Sorry the loud group killed the vibe.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 04-20-2017

Some photos were probably taken on the way home jontom, and we had two cameras going (C's and mine) which messed up the photo date order. So it might have been Black River and it might have been on the way back. No croc petting! Dennis doesn't do the feeding and petting that the safari boats do...he thinks it's bad for them because it makes them too comfy around people and I'm sure he's right.

Thanks for reading!

And kylake I'm happy too. And next time def try Mellow Yellow. Fast service one night, not so fast the next, but food always delicious, inexpensive and setting very nice. 

I haven't really had a bad meal in TB, though the one at Frenchmans Reef was underwhelming.  Everyone was talking about a new place on the road out of town, a vegetarian spot in the very bight and garish strip mall, but that was too far to walk and we didn't have transport this time except that one day with the scooter, so we didn't go. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 04-20-2017

Two more, we're still boating.

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/04/a-boat-day-3-swimming-with-crocs.html

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/04/a-boat-day-4-feeling-crabby.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Ron-Mon - 04-21-2017

Thanks for the education on TB, OltTimer just asked me if I had ever been. It has been suggested by a few of our friends considering the recent vibe in Negril. I am going to look further down the rabbit hole of TB!

Thanks!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - JonTom - 04-21-2017

Ohliz, I meant specifically the one video in the boat, not the photos, but in any case I think I've got it figured out now.

I'm sure Dennis (and you) are correct about feeding/taming the crocodiles being bad for them in the long run. There are many things I did years ago that I wouldn't do now - that is among them. I recall being a little uncomfortable even then that the guy was waving a red rag or something like that because the croc. would think it is chicken - seemed cruel.

I had thought a small child was dragged in and drowned in/near Black River but can only find a 2010 story about a 70 year old woman being drowned by a croc. maybe that was it.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 04-21-2017

Jonton, I think I read about a spearfisherman being killed, or maybe just bitten, but I can't find anything now.  I sort of recall the older woman story. 

Dennis has taken people to swim with dolphins - from his boat, in the open sea. I sent the people he took and they sent me pictures, it was very cool. So he's OK with that. But he's a pretty big-time environmentalist, has gone to Belize to study their marine sanctuary system to possibly replicate in JA, volunteers a lot of his time to a TB charity for fishermen (it got the multi-day ones radios, for instance), the environment, etc (it's called Breds). He's a very special person, and really knowledgeable about the environment and the sea in particular. 

Oh HECK YES on doing all sorts of things when younger!! Sometimes I shudder to think of things I did....and just hope my kids don't repeat them. They probably do, though Smile