The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=101654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 05-03-2017

Thank you for the kind words Raine! 

Still working on these, trying to do one every day or so if I can Smile

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 05-04-2017

Thanks again for more reporting. The room looked really nice considering the price and location.
BTW, for the phone did you consider downloading the google map (actually it would take more than one download for different areas) so you could use it offline using just your GPS in the phone?

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 05-04-2017

I did, kylake, and I would have done that even with no data plan because that works. But I didn't, because I decided not to rent a car. 

Or rather, Island decided for me by being completely sold out long before our trip. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 05-29-2017

Continuing on...

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/05/saturday-night-out-in-negril.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Sharleen - 05-30-2017

I know the place in Lances Bay, I want to stay there some time for sure.  My vacation was similar to yours, going with my youngest adult daughter who has had many Jamaican vacations starting when she was only six months old.  
   Because of her, we stayed in much nicer places than I usually stay at.  When she was in college & I would go alone I really went "budget style" -- like no hot water, and often times really bad water pressure out in the west end just before the Lighthouse.
    It seemed like we spent a lot more money on food than I have ever spent before. We did have a really very nice time though the time went by too fast.  We both love to read and swim (and eat!) so that took up a good amount of time.  My daughter had too many stalkers, she looks like a young movie star, a couple of times when eating dinner on the beach I actually had to ask for our table to be changed because one of her stalkers would be standing in the water staring at her.
       I used to come to JA for three weeks in August for Independence Day celebrations.  Since I work for a University, that is an easy time for me to get three weeks off.  The last time I went in August (about five years ago), the second I got off the plane my first thought was "oh my God, I spent $$$ to come here?" because it was so extremely humid and hot and uncomfortable.  The climate where I live (upstate NY) is absolutely perfect in August so my Jamaican Independence Day celebrations in Jamaica are over forever.  Even when I lived there a really long time ago, during the summers we would leave Negril and move to Irishtown for the more decent less humid weather.  Supposedly it was the house Benedict Arnold lived in while trying to recover from tuberculosis, it was called "Bananna House" when we rented it.  LOL some semi-pervert Chinese man owned the place because we snooped and found shocking video tapes in these big trunks.  The drive downs to Kingston for food was horrid, that road.... those drop offs... the totally burned out vehicles that went off the road...  
     My next trip is Dec. 27th through January 18th but I haven't booked the air fare yet as it is too expensive.  I usually get a really decent fare if I book in early October on a Tuesday or Wednesday on American Airlines. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 05-31-2017

Hope you made it to Lances Liz as I am interested in that location. I know Daniel also has stayed there. Thanks again for your time in blogging your trip!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 06-02-2017

Sharleen I can so relate. Kids cost more, they want to do stuff, I wanted them to have seafront-AC-pool etc and they like to eat and drink Smile

kylake it was daniel who got me interested.

Next - you may have skipped ahead Big Grin

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/05/sunday-breezy-sunday-and-a-problem-with-my-plan.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - JonTom - 06-02-2017

TY OhLiz for more reports!

I was looking at pictures of the waves from the lazy Sunday in Negril and thinking "looks a bit rougher than usual. When was this again? January?" ... just before I read:

"Maybe you can tell how windy – breezy – it is. If not, check out this little video:"

You covered it.

Wondering what is a bit weird about boneless chicken breast for chicken curry?

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 06-06-2017

I am a fan of chicken curry made with whole pieces of chicken with bone, for flavor. Most palces seem to do it that way, there and here, so I am surprised when i get boneless chicken breast. It costs more, but has less fat (and IMO flavor). 

Yeah, the water was rough. We saw the north coast two days later and the waves were HUGE along the highway. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 06-07-2017

The beach walk.

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/06/the-traditional-negril-beach-walk.html