The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=101654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - JonTom - 07-15-2017

Agreed, Ohiz, not my cup-o-tea, but the pictures are pretty nice.

A scarier part of it was the write-up. They weren't all that safety-minded (IMO) with one pair splitting off and going down an alternate path (don't people ever watch horror movies? - never split up! Smile ) and even the leader got separated from the others long enough to worry that someone had an accident, doubling back to make sure all was OK.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 07-17-2017

Ugh, I get shivers thinking about being alone in there. 

And nervous just looking at that photo of the guy in the water with the inches of clearance for his head Sad

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - CardBoardBox - 07-17-2017

Caves are not my cup of tea either, but unique places such as on Artic Ice (-50 degrees F) also lure people, or find hetherto new life forms. It happens.

Even Huck Fin explored a cave, and who knows if Injun Joe might have been found by the cavers in Manchester. LOL

As for getting lost or exploring a new cave, read carefully the following sentence about cave diving with a SCUBA tank; If you get lost, you can spend the rest of your life in that cave.

There is a dry cave in Green Island. Girl friend and I took a private tour circa 1990. The guides used glass soda bottles with a rag and kerosene as a light source. I had thought those were only used during riots.

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 07-18-2017

I've dived in Jamaica before but definitely in open water, wouldn't do a cave under any circumstances i can currently imagine.  In fact i wouldn't dive deeper than about 30 feet again, my ears aren't suited to it. 

But a shallow reef dive in clear water under full sun? Really one of the great experiences of my life. 

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 08-24-2017

Finally got back to the report - we leave Negril and arrive in Lethe. 

http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/08/over-the-river-and-through-the-woods.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - kylake - 08-25-2017

How nice to have been able to experience and off the path location that most will never be able to see except through your blog pictures. Thanks so much for posting!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - oldtimer - 08-26-2017

The caves in Redground have some of all that stuff .You can go in just behind the old Plantain Inn and go to the sea ( I haven't but my son did ) or go up the cliffs and come out behind the old Ah Wee Away Cottages ( which I have done ) in the early 70's , late 60's when I was young and skinny . I took about 3 hours to do and I went with 2 kids that were 12 years old that Capt Bower ( the guy who did all the cave adventures ) showed the way.Small passages ,big areas , water etc and it was about 50-60 degrees . Apparently it was an escape route for slaves , so I was told . Would I go today NO !!!!!!

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 08-26-2017

Thank you kylake! As you will see when I get to the next post, you CAN see a lot of it but it would have to be from the water Smile

OT, that gives me the willies just reading it. But what a cool experience to have in your memory bank!

I did another blog post, not the one I am referring kylake to, but that will be next: http://travelsinjamaica.com/2017/08/the-river.html

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - ohliz - 08-26-2017

Sharp memories may remember something about this property I stayed on from the news a few years back. It made me a little nervous to be there walking around, at first. 

I won't ruin anyone's fun by saying until I'm through, unless someone guesses or judiciously googles Smile

RE: Liz Trip report Jan 2017 - shipmaster - 08-26-2017

(08-26-2017, 11:00 AM)ohliz Wrote:  Sharp memories may remember something about this property I stayed on from the news a few years back. It made me a little nervous to be there walking around, at first. 

I won't ruin anyone's fun by saying until I'm through, unless someone guesses or judiciously googles Smile

What is through?