The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock (/showthread.php?tid=101858)

Pages: 1 2

Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - JonTom - 07-25-2017

Maybe Bobby told them they already have a perfectly good ambulance down the road.

"Linda Hudson, a barrister now residing in the UK who is originally for Hanover, explained that members of the Diaspora in the UK raised £40,000 to buy an ambulance for the Noel Holmes Hospital in Lucea."

Actually someone in the article blames the conditions set by the IMF. I know some on here have remarked on the difficulty/expense of getting a vehicle into JA.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front-page/diaspora-fed-up-ambulance-donated-by-jamaicans-in-uk-sitting-on-wharf-for-almost-a-year_105805?

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - shipmaster - 07-25-2017

(07-25-2017, 10:02 AM)JonTom Wrote:  Maybe Bobby told them they already have a perfectly good ambulance down the road.

Was this really necessary to the issue?

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - kylake - 07-25-2017

The saddest part of this article is that 50% of ambulances JA already has are out of service. Letting what they already have go to waste is such a shame. In the comments (although I could have missed it) I never saw mention of that.

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - CardBoardBox - 07-25-2017

Wow. Perhaps the IMF, like the government, wants to reduce abuses (ie, hospital owner, police chief wants a new car and gets it classified as a gift or for business purposes.)

While I hope the news story gets results, I just sent this to the IMF:

Is it possible for you to remove exemption of Ambulances from 'charity/gifts' where the government MUST collect import duty due to IMF requirements?

Please read where a donated vechicle for a Lucea hospital is still on the dock: ....
# # #

URL and 2 quotes added to my email to them.
I wonder how Japan got their donated ambulances onto the island, and didn't the US Rotary Club also send one?

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - Firemon - 07-26-2017

(07-25-2017, 10:05 AM)shipmaster Wrote:  
(07-25-2017, 10:02 AM)JonTom Wrote:  Maybe Bobby told them they already have a perfectly good ambulance down the road.

100% necessary, on point, and accurate.   (Always a good idea to get out your flashlight when you're dealing with cockroaches.) 

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - shipmaster - 07-26-2017

(07-26-2017, 09:27 AM)Firemon Wrote:  
(07-25-2017, 10:05 AM)shipmaster Wrote:  

100% necessary, on point, and accurate.   (Always a good idea to get out your flashlight when you're dealing with cockroaches.) 

Sorry I just don't get it.

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - kylake - 07-26-2017

Thumbs up CBB you should get some likes other than mine on that reply.

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - JonTom - 07-27-2017

This article says the donated ambulance was released from the wharf. I won't pretend to know how that was done, but applaud efforts like CCB's and the UK Diaspora conference's to bring attention to the matter regardless.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20170726/govt-grant-tax-waiver-donated-ambulance-left-wharf-almost-12-months

Shipmaster, in the interest of open dialogue: "No". My inclusion of that person's previous denials of ambulance issues was not absolutely necessary to highlight the plight of the ambulance in question. However, I've long objected to hiding the truth about the lack of emergency services in Western JA, and therefore, to that end, took a swipe.

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - Oldtimer2 - 07-28-2017

Yes JonTom it was necessary to say that . Hostage is another word for it . When I worked at the bauxite plants ( all 3 of them ) we would have stuff come in that would be held up in customs . A couple of $100 US and it would be lifted over the fence on the wharf/airport ,paper work done...wink , wink . The average Jamaican does care but can do nothing . Popo boats disappearing to Honduras , ambulances crashed downtown Negril , police racing cop cars and people killed by this , siezing motor bikes at one stop and selling them out the back door , ambulances up on blocks because some one needed a part , on and on . Shipmaster knows that you are correct . Any one can justify anything if they want to .

RE: Luce-bound ambulance languishes on the dock - shipmaster - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 08:22 AM)Oldtimer2 Wrote:  Shipmaster knows that you are correct . Any one can justify anything if they want to .

I agree! But what does this guy Bobby have to do with it?