The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Thoughts about this trip still going - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Thoughts about this trip still going (/showthread.php?tid=101998)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts about this trip still going - jitterbug - 12-12-2017

Had beautiful weather since arrival on dec 2 to Dec 9 and has been storming ever since.

Beach really, really slow!

Bar b barn usually full, not at this time, mostly empty!

Things expensive!

Had a great ride through deep west end, orange hill, Brighton and on to little bay with a few stops long the way!

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - Oldtimer2 - 12-12-2017

see you in march!!!!

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - jitterbug - 12-13-2017

The beach dog situation is sad, very sad.
There is no empathy for the animal situation from the locals?
Hungry dogs running up and down the beach?

Twater is one big rubble of broken cement.

Today is dec 13, almost high season, hope tourism improves so our hotel employees can get paid, no pay for the past six weeks!

Bring a lot more money!!!

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - MissJamaicaSoul - 12-13-2017

Yes...no where on the beach appeared to be that busy .....I don't really mind as I'm always glad to see old friends ....but times are tough out there for sure and as you say we do need to support the small businesses.

I hope and pray that Negril has a good Christmas/NY season...only sorry that I can't be there .

Yes it also breaks my heart when I see the animals on the beach or road.I don't like seeing  dogs tied up or out in the yard overnight!!!
I'm a "cat "person and would bring each and every stray one home if I could.
MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - jitterbug - 12-28-2017

I typed a whole trip report and it disappeared?

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - daniel - 12-28-2017

hate that 

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - Westenders - 12-29-2017

Ive said it before, negril is dying a slow death. Even in the busy season, it's not like it used to be.

No vision for the future, and lack of tapping into the European and UK market.
The slow summer is when non North Americans holiday as it is our peak season.
Only the AIs are marketed in the big tour companies over here, and they are full of holidaymakers from this side of the world June to September.

Same for bars and restaurants. Market the year as a whole using trends of all travellers rather than the winter travel peak of the North American market.

With the non AIs, I would not stay anywhere that didn't pay their staff for six weeks. 

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - shipmaster - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 03:53 PM)Westenders Wrote:  Ive said it before, negril is dying a slow death. Even in the busy season, it's not like it used to be.

Negril is not dying. It's evolving.

The Negril of our memories is gone.......Time moves on

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - jitterbug - 12-29-2017

If it’s evolving, it’s not for the good.

While walking on the sidewalk at 11 am just past kuyaba, I was confronted with a man that would not take a no for an answer, who told me he was going to stab me! Terrified, with no help from any of the ppl that lined up at the kuyaba gate. Now that’s evolvement all right! Right out to another island or an a1!!

A couple that ate breakfast at our hotel shared their terrifying incident that happened the night before where while walking home just after sunset by old t water rubble, someone ripped her purse off her shoulder. That couple will not be returning! These type of incidents will drive ppl like us out of Jamaica!

Where was police? Oh yes I did see army trucks with some fancy guns driving up and down Norman Manley Blvd.

RE: Thoughts about this trip still going - jitterbug - 12-29-2017

We stayed next to bourbon
Night after night they played music for a handful of locals and a tourist here and there, the place is empty!

The only packed dinner place was catch a falling star.

The beach was empty during my two weeks with pockets of tourists here and there. I hear from our driver that they are very busy with bussines from the all inclusive.

First time I was offered hard drugs in negril. Times must be tough since I’m an old lady?

The employees at our hotel not being paid was tough. Our breakfast was included, the staff did an amazing job of improvising with what supplies they had to work with. Things must be tough all over because we stopped for lunch at a place that advertised 3 things for lunch but had no supplies to complete the plates! I’ve never encountered such lean times before and this is my regular time I go to negril. Hope things improve for all concerned.

We still had a great holiday with bad weather and all! Hopefully things will have picked up by now.