The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo (/showthread.php?tid=102156)

Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - Sharleen - 06-09-2018

Some of the long time posters will remember Barbara Wargo (Sootyone she used to sometimes post as -- I might be getting that mixed up, that was her email).  LONG time visitor of Jamaica, she loved Jamaica so much !!  She died this morning.....she has been ill for awhile and couldn't travel to Jamaica in the past ten years (I think she had an oxygen tank or something)  Very sweet lady.   

RE: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - Sharleen - 06-09-2018

[attachment=2706][attachment=2706]

RE: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - oldtimer - 06-10-2018

Oh my !!!!!! RIP !!!!
She was a beautiful person both in and out !!! She and I were good friends and would email each other now and again talking about all sorts of things. When Tasa aka Howlin' Wolf was alive she sent me a glass wolf with 2 cubs under it's chin . It sits in front of me as I type this . I keep left over Jamaican J's in the glass cup that is part of the wolf/cub stand .
She had been on oxygen for years now . She would come to the MiYard board now and again for a " Hello " moment . I'm not sure what has happened to MiYard board but after I bought my new computer I couldn't get on the board or reregistar .
Fare thee well Barb..I'll miss you !!!!

RE: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - Sharleen - 06-10-2018

Her last post on 5/26 was "Tell someone you love them today because tomorrow is never promised. To my family and friends, I love you."  

RE: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - CardBoardBox - 06-15-2018

Thanks for the information.
The photo is haunting, in a very positive way, but it is unknown if that is due to a previous photo or having met her prior to her ten year absense on the island.
In our brief time on this planet, we may not often think in terms of her final message, yet this thread invokes a "wow", a "how sad - we will miss you" and other non-verbal vibs on how brief life is.
Selfishly, I would hope to depart leaving a memory in others as strong as what I feel about her passing, and words such as her last post.

If I knew my time was up, I'd probably post "Dieing sucks."
Thanks Sharleen.
Thanks Barbara Wargo.

RE: Rest in Peace, Barbara Wargo - MissJamaicaSoul - 06-26-2018

Im sure that i remember Barbara used to have a black cat,Sooty as her avatar on the old board.
RIp,Barbara....a lady who truly loved Jamaica.

MissJamaicaSoulx