The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Miyard Forum - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Miyard Forum (/showthread.php?tid=102223)

Pages: 1 2

Miyard Forum - Westenders - 09-08-2018

I very occasionally look at the miyard board . Looking earlier I was shocked to see the amount of spam on there.
Thought I’d mention here as some of those could lead to a hack of your info.

Hopefully the site owner will get some technical support with that issue ...

RE: Miyard Forum - kylake - 09-09-2018

I was never able to get signed up on that board and never could get any help when contacting the admin. It is very old as far as board architecture goes and probably easy to compromise unless being actively monitored. CBB knows that board well and I believe would have more accurate information than my speculations.

RE: Miyard Forum - oldtimer - 09-09-2018

I to have trouble getting on the board . I am a friend of Dellie and don't know what is going on there . He was on top of stuff before , something must be going on...hmmmm

RE: Miyard Forum - wendy - 09-09-2018

Hims just don't care ?

RE: Miyard Forum - oldtimer - 09-09-2018

Maybe !!!

RE: Miyard Forum - Aquavit - 09-11-2018

Delroy and Miss Pearl are the hardest working people in Negril. I'm going to go with "hims" too damn busy! I just read on FB that they are actually CLOSING Mi Yard for a bit to do some much needed work on the property so seems like he's got a lot on his plate.

RE: Miyard Forum - Westenders - 09-12-2018

It seems the website being out of date and not maintained is pretty much the same as the building.

Some updating is probably needed of both to keep up with modern developments.

I personally think the building has gone from rustic to rundown.... and the forum looks very risky for security.

RE: Miyard Forum - CardBoardBox - 09-12-2018

You are just overflowing with compliments.

(that is scarcasim, which I can not spell)
Anyone want to add that the man's shoes need polishing?

I once got into a very heated conversation with someone about being a 'troll' - definition being a person who makes comments JUST to stir up controversy. Kind of like falsely shouting "fire" and then getting joy from seeing people get trampled by the rush. (color) I mention troll not as a accusation but merely a connection with someone provoking a 'why did he say that?' And while I was non-posting after the first post, I saw no reason to restate ones observation and opinion. (color off)

The MiYard.com forum is another avenue of topics some have an interest in. Not a lot of visitors, and even less contributors.

But where else could someone read about the newly installed 'camera pole' which was incorrectly installed, and the installer who rejected the feedback, and THEN, 6 months later, showed a photo of the pole lieing on the sand.

I haven't seen a recent 'auto generated spam' message from a Russian site, but who then would want to click on its embedded link? As for policing the board,  I can hardly fault someone who is fighting to survive on the West End (candy coated OneLoveDrive) when the West End economy has gone to hell in a hand basket.

I read once, although school days involved quills and parchment paper, that a competitor should not bad mouth another. Instead of saying 'their product sucks', one should respond "their product is okay but ours is better because ...."

-shift of time-
Back in college, on a boat cruise, no one admitted to being able or willing to roll a splif. This of course was a serious impediment to burning the product. So I offered, saying "If no one else can,  I'll do it." The resultant product was nothing to be proud of but functioned. YET someone had the ordasity to say, quote, "If I could roll, I'd roll a better one." Think about that sentence. Pure insult and ill-logical. To this day it still knaws at me.

Of course there are other events which haunt me - the girl who said "You kiss funny" (age 16, both) and the girl who said "You broke my zipper." Blame on inexperience. Things I can be more proud of is being able to unhook a bra one handed. "How did you do that?" was the verbal response. BTW, I'm still no good with rolling papers, but I don't mind getting laughed at by my Jamaican friend.

RE: Miyard Forum - Aquavit - 09-12-2018

"I personally think the building has gone from rustic to rundown..."
THUS - the renovations! Closed for the month of September I come to find out...

Like I said, Delroy and Pearl are really hard workers. A Jamaican family just trying to do their best. Mi Yard has become an "institution" in Negril. Sure, its not at all fancy but if you want great company, great food and a drink - and to dance to great music its awesome, most awesome after 2:00am.

These days there are plenty of "Fern Bars" all over Negril for those that don't want the funkiness of places like MiYard. Westy, I never took you for a Fern Bar person, lol.

As for the board - never visited. Like everything else he does, Delroy does his best and his board has been going as long as the "other" one. And he's Jamaican with far fewer resources than the "other guy".

RE: Miyard Forum - oldtimer - 09-12-2018

I've know Dellie and Pearl a long time . In days gone by he did so much with so little and did it well. Because of traffic concerns and the road bums , his walk past business is suffering a bit , hence the expression " every little bit helps ". Always had good food , cold beer and someone to talk to ( even Lloydie ) . He worked tireless for " One Love Drive " business . What a sucky name that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To me it will always be the West End Road . I'm sure if success is the reward for hard work Dellie will be alright .