The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) (/showthread.php?tid=102237)

SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Firemon - 09-27-2018

Bit shocking.  Nice operation despite the location.  Wonder wsup?

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Aquavit - 09-27-2018

Old news. Its been on the market for at least a year.

"Despite location" - Its one of the most popular hotels in Negril. Proof that if you have a marketable product it can be anywhere.

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Firemon - 09-28-2018

Century 21 promo video was published on Sept. 4 so it was news to me.   Also, like I queried, I wondered why Chris would be selling.  Could be lots of things like just wanting to retire, or even buying a larger property.   Whatever it was a good ride.  He put a lot of effort into making SeaStar a success.

Riding in the SeaStar limo was always a trip!

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - oldtimer - 09-28-2018

I was to Seastar twice . Didn't really get it ..but ...lots did .

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Aquavit - 09-28-2018

I don't think the reason Chris is selling is anyone's business. Could be a million different reasons, none of which concerns the hotel property itself.

He must have updated his listing with the video....that's done all the time and sends a message that he's serious about selling. Very often properties in Jamaica get listed just to illicit a response. Almost all are overpriced in the initial listing. I've noticed it can take up to 2 years to sell at a greatly reduced priced depending on the motivation of the seller.

What Chris has going for him here is the product he created. Its not my cup of tea either, don't really like the whole Saturday night show scene, grown tired of the food there and while the rooms are very nice, would not be my first choice for a place to stay. BUT....many think otherwise evidenced by the fact that you can't squeeze yourself in there sideways from the end of January to the end of February.

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Sharleen - 09-28-2018

it has been for sale for at least 2.5 years, maybe not through Century 21 though and there is no For Sale sign at the actual place.  Some property owners keep their places on the market just in case they can actually get a highly inflated price from some fool.  Here is a listing of quite a few of them:  http://www.vlarealtors.com/search/parish/Westmoreland/currency/all 

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Firemon - 09-28-2018

Like I said I'm intrigued as to why it's for sale, unless of course the reason isn't common knowledge.  

Still, as a beach devotee--and an avoider of long dark scary lanes--I wouldn't stay there if it was free.

Have always enjoyed the Sat buffet/entertainment.  Super friendly staff.

Remembrance Stephen West.

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - Tim - 10-04-2018

I agree the location isn't great but with the complimentary shuttle it worked great for us our last time in Negril, when we stayed there for the first week of our trip.
The reason for his success is pretty simple if you ask me - great service, along with clean rooms. When we booked our stay, I phoned and it was answered by Chris - how many times does the owner pick up the phone? We talked a bit, he asked if we had stayed there before (no, but we had come to the Christmas supper before). Just like that we got a room for well under the posted price, which is pretty low to begin with.
Jamaica is kind of off our radar now, kind of liking Belize these days, but if we return to Negril we would definitely stay there again - as long as Chris is still running the show.

RE: SeaStar Inn (For Sale) - wendy - 10-07-2018

Everything is for sale inna Negril