The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Yo bruce..... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Yo bruce..... (/showthread.php?tid=102248)

Pages: 1 2

Yo bruce..... - wendy - 10-07-2018

Seen on other board you were questioning Bob bday....
Definitely not like the good old days ? where there was live music by big artists...MXIII back then was the place to BE...
For me, pretty much not as important as it was , seems d.j music has taken ova to the hip hop crap (perhaps I'm getting old ?) If you are  around for Valentine's, I'm thinking I heard of Beres being there again at Woodstock, NOW that was fabulous the last 2 yrs.

RE: Yo bruce..... - Aquavit - 10-07-2018

Exactly what Wendy said - Since Kubba passed the Bob Marley Birthday Bash at MXIII dwindled and then fizzled out.

I saw someone said something about how Bob's birthday is not a big deal in Negril over there on the other board - apparently they think since Bob didn't spend much time in Negril its more of a big deal in Kingston? Well....as you probably know that's a bunch of bullshit, its a big deal island wide and in fact Bob spent quite a bit of time in West Jamaica - had a house in Little Bay and everything.

Ugh, such amateurs over there.

RE: Yo bruce..... - Bruce - 10-07-2018

Thanks for the post Wendy, and thank you also Aquavit.

In our previous visits 10 years ago we saw very little live music, so I was hoping that Bob's birthday might just mean that there would be some good opportunities to hear some good music. 

RE: Yo bruce..... - oldtimer - 10-08-2018

Bob..not part of Negril music ..are they nuts . Yes ..remember MXIII..packed to the top !!!!

RE: Yo bruce..... - Firemon - 10-08-2018

I'm with you on the current music scene Wendy.  As Donald Trump would say DJ's are Fake Music.

Also second your Beres recommendation.   Valentine's Day and Beres are a perfect combo.

For those interested here's the thread from earlier this year listing a sizeable percentage of the performances that took place during high season.   

I still go to almost every ticketed show when I'm in Negril, but I'm starting to feel the performances I enjoy most are the free ones in intimate settings where the performers pass around a tip jar whether they're really really good or just trying.   Crystal Axe, btw, is really really good.

http://jamericans.net/yellowboard/showthread.php?tid=102022

RE: Yo bruce..... - wendy - 10-08-2018

Yes Firemon, No Name Bar is great....I always look for a nice clean restroom and Crystal has that .... and the view can't be beat 

RE: Yo bruce..... - oldtimer - 10-08-2018

What is Crystal Axe ?
I thought that was the name of a performer . Is that by Chances pizza ?

RE: Yo bruce..... - Aquavit - 10-08-2018

She's a local Negril singer who owns or leases a place called No Name Bar on the west end. Very talented.

As far as the music scene - lots of local talent to be enjoyed. Since Drifters took off afternoon/early evening shows have become a "thing" - at Drifters and at Boat Bar.

"Name" or "famous" performers over the past few years tend to be in Negril in late January and early February during the peak of high season. Beres has done shows at Woodstock on Valentines Day for the past two years and Luciano usually makes an appearance or two at Seastar or Roots Bamboo.

Here's what is very different than 10 years ago - those shows...Beres, Luciano etc.....now cost the same as a concert ticket in the states ($40-$50US) and the price is posted in USD. This is a very recent development in Negril - past 5 years or so.

But you can still enjoy "free" music at places like Boat Bar and Drifters and I believe Alfreds and Roots still do their night time shows - not sure if that's DJ's or live bands anymore, been years since I've been to one.

What hasn't changed is that there is little advance notice on a show happening in Negril so keep your ears and eyes peeled for signs and yelling cars!

RE: Yo bruce..... - wendy - 10-08-2018

Yup, performer....also has bar up cliff side named No Name just a few places down or up which ever way u a coming from Miyard

RE: Yo bruce..... - Bruce - 10-08-2018

Drifters is on my list of stops. I was in the music business when I was younger and happened to meet Luddy. No way he will remember me, but I want to check his place out.