The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road (/showthread.php?tid=102289)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - kylake - 11-25-2018

It will be interesting to see what grocery locates there.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business-report/reopened-shopping-complex-to-boost-local-commerce-in-negril_150200?profile=1606&fbclid=IwAR3Ub0Ouh4LfV_dJgPZ1mHfaPJiJ38-TQd91lkJZQXp-ehdPupWNxCXWwlU

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - Aquavit - 11-26-2018

Rumors on the ground say its HiLo, moving from Sunshine Plaza along with NCB.

This will render Sunshine Plaza pretty much a ghost town if true. #scary

For me, it will be kind of a drag since I bounce between Green Store and HiLo for my shopping. Guess I'll just bounce over to Value Master once this happens, supposedly January 1st.

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - kylake - 11-26-2018

I sometimes bounce to all 3 stores when shopping since no single one seems to have everything I need :-) BTW, the medical marijuana store would be interesting to investigate.

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - daniel - 11-26-2018

IMO  Jamaica has grown incredibly fast , esp. the last 5 years , and obviously its full steam ahead . Every year there seems to be a new plaza in almost every town ! 

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - Firemon - 11-26-2018

"Welcome to The Jungle!"  <----$$$

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - CardBoardBox - 11-27-2018

Located south of Hedo-II, and just north of the water park, I at first doubted there were many "local residents" the article mentions, except for hotel owners.

However, when I think of the large number of employees at these resorts, many (?) grocery shopping on payday and having to taxi to the city center, the new location might be wise.

Hi-Lo though, with its mega parking lot, should not vacate IMO.

I agree with Aquavit - of the 3 grocery stores I visit, sometimes only 1 will have what I want on any one day. Examples: Grape jelly, Grape Jam, orange juice (believe it or not.)

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - oldtimer - 11-27-2018

Just what do you guys do on vaca , shop for food . The restaurants have already done that for you . I can't lie I go to Value Master once every trip . The beach road is long and the hotel workers will still have to take a taxi after they finish work . It's not easy shopping on foot anywhere . I don't know if you guys remember but they use to have rollerblade hockey at the Hilo.
The Sunshine Plaza has had very little upkeep over the years . The despencary will certainly get the " seed weed " off the beach and probably replace it with something that can actually be smoked .

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - Aquavit - 11-27-2018

You know, everywhere I go and local market or grocery store is always on the agenda. I'm fascinated by local foods.

Since I'm here as long as I am and since I absolutely love cooking - that's what I do....shop, cook, feed. Tonight is veggie lasagne, all local ingredients.

Look - some people like to see how many beers they can drink on a single beach walk. I like to see how many friends I can have over to eat yummy things I make Smile

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - Firemon - 11-27-2018

I love how travelers from around the globe maintain an avid and knowledgeable interest in the city planning of a small Jamaican costal community.  

RE: Reopening of shopping complex on Beach Road - oldtimer - 11-27-2018

well that's a great come back. I wish I was more motivated in Jamaica .I spend way too much time doing nothing . I try to even out the 20/7 for 8 months a year in the boat . Well not now but before .