The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! (/showthread.php?tid=102323)

Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - JonTom - 01-04-2019

$3.1 million for a giant tuna . This market is not the more famous one in Tokyo, but I guess it pays well.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/01/05/national/record-3-1-million-paid-toyosu-markets-first-new-years-tuna-auction/

RE: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - JonTom - 01-04-2019

Upon further review, this market is a reincarnation of the more famous one.

RE: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - Firemon - 01-04-2019

The small island nation of Japan is devastating the world's whale, dolphin, and tuna populations.

RE: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - oldtimer - 01-05-2019

It's not only Japan it's the Asians as a whole . I guess I'm racist now . The most the fisherman got here this year was $16.50 CDN/lb . A big fish here is 1000lb with most being in the 600-800lb range . The prices here have been going down for years . About 20 years ago my ex wife and I caught a tuna in Dec and received almost $50K for it . When you get a tag you also get a shipping number which means you can follow it to the auction block.Then everything goes sideways . They are sold on the block for say $12K but around the corner they get $100,000K for the same fish . They don't want to pay the fisherman for their catch so they resell it without the trace number . The tuna market is the most corrupt commodity in the world . Is there something that can be done about it like starting our own company .....GOOD LUCK !!!!! I hope you like tuna because they wouldn't buy yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!

RE: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - JonTom - 01-06-2019

Off the coast of Culebra we ate our fresh-caught tuna on the boat! Also brought some back to land for dinner and the captain kept the rest. Never thought of selling them, I assume he did and/or brought it to the kitchen.

RE: Tuna Price - OT - go get yo $! - oldtimer - 01-06-2019

Probably that is what happened .