The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board (/showthread.php?tid=102395)

Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - West end lover - 03-10-2019

I started a thread about the murder at Kenny’s.
Some wise ass said it didn’t bother him cuz he was a thick skinned New Yorker, I replied that I didn’t think ew Yorkers were thick skinned just self absorbed. And got booted. Been a long time lurker here and like the honesty of non rose colored glasses. Been going to Negril since 83

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - TAH - 03-10-2019

Yeah I completely quit visiting his little fiefdom for a similar reason. I spoke up defending someone that he embarrassed publicly (and allowed half the board to harass). He removed my post pointing out exactly what he (and others) did, and that the poster in question was a valuable asset to the site, and then locked my posting ability. That's just one small instance, there have been many others over the years. 

I really don't understand how so many regulars support the guy. He's a very disingenuous, petty, and bitter little man. I refuse to even give his site a click anymore. 

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - West end lover - 03-10-2019

I know what you’re saying. I met him a couple of times and was not impressed. He was at Burger King....yeah yeah I know, but after 3 weeks there I need my fast food mix. Burgers are pretty good there.

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Westenders - 03-11-2019

Well it’s only a matter of time for any dissenting viewpoint, that has been proven over and again.

I had a look at the thread, can’t see anything so insensitive as he puts it, but I’m sure he was looking at any reason to close that thread down, without being accused of censorship.

And saw your post asking to have your account deleted, I asked for this too and he emailed me saying just stop posting. Just as you say he keeps his stats up of members by keeping everyone.

TAH I saw that thread, and you were totally correct . And his immense need to be right and put people down ran a very generous and giving member off.
All bully’s have henchmen. It’s like high school
‘Some of those boardies think they are a big cheese and select group in Negril . Not!!

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Westenders - 03-11-2019

The most insensitive post I saw was the minimisation of the issue to ‘black on black’ violence.
It’s more than insensitive it’s racist discourse, where a white man thinks he is above or separate or not affected by something based on the colour of your skin.
Some people say very ignorant things even when they go to Ja often.

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Tammy - 03-16-2019

Rob and I were best of friends for many years until the witch came along and he changed completely. His friends meant nothing to him anymore just the opposite they meant enemies. Damdest thing I ever seen. Then he even wanted to help me build my board up and when he got with her he wanted to tear it down. Hell he got it shut down once by complaining to Bravenet and threatening them over and over. You can't even type the name of this board over on his site or it just x's it out. Just foolish and silly. I seen him and the witch at the Donkey races, they sure have aged. Wink

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - West end lover - 03-16-2019

Sorry to hear that Tammy....is this your board. If so congrats. Weird how people you know for extended periods of time can change. Easier to just walk away and remember the good times.
Life’s too short.

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Westenders - 03-17-2019

Dosent surprise me, he comes across as a bully . I can’t see how the chamber of commerce and his sponsors see him as a positive factor on that board. He must put as many people off as the wannabes who love him. Fortunately In all my travels I have never come across either of them

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Bruce - 03-17-2019

That is terrible to hear Tammy. That place is a ghost town these days, so I don't see how it benefits Negril at all. Thanks again for keeping this place going.

RE: Finally got booted from Bobby’s board - Aquavit - 03-19-2019

"I replied that I didn’t think ew Yorkers were thick skinned just self absor
Ha! I'm going to take this in the spirit I hope it was meant....prickly humor. Us New Yorkers get dark humor, we excel at sarcasm and guess what - we can take a joke, especially at our own expense.

That said: As a born-and-bred New Yorker, I am thick skinned, I don't scare easily and I don't think I'm self-absorbed. Still when I hear stories of senseless violence in Jamaica, the US, New Zealand...where ever....it affects me. When it comes to a place like Jamaica where I spend a good part of my winter and have been for many years - I can only internalize what I see and read and take care of myself and my loved ones when I'm there. (Maybe that's where the thick-skinned part comes in). Having lost friends to senseless violence there all I can really say is this darkness got to give.