The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Real upswing in violence lately - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Real upswing in violence lately (/showthread.php?tid=102461)

Pages: 1 2 3

Real upswing in violence lately - Sharleen - 04-04-2019

well I definitely didn't want to put the thread subject "Fada Fowl" in, but I'm sure many of  you have read or heard about how he was murdered, so lots of repercussions going on now.  Some crazy background:  http://crookedcorrupt.blogspot.com/2013/04/father-roy-fowl-aka-owen-clarke.html

so contracted murder: 

and then Oney British murdered: 

and in freaking broad daylight where we go shopping: 

https://mckoysnews.com/five-shot-1-dead-in-westmoreland/ 

and so much stuff in Green Island:  https://mckoysnews.com/another-murder-rocks-hanover-3/

So I will always LOVE Jamaica, I will always come to Jamaica -- but some of the things that go on in these times... like little rude buoys on motorbikes will kill anyone for a little bit of $$ -- ??? 

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - oldtimer - 04-05-2019

What can a person say ????

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - Aquavit - 04-05-2019

Summertime soon come. Let the shit fly Sad

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - shipmaster - 04-05-2019

What shit will fly?

S/M

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - Aquavit - 04-05-2019

There is always a spike in violent crime in the summer. Less cash flowing much less going on.

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - Sharleen - 04-05-2019

I think, unfortunately, that this type of stuff will go on and on and on....  I will always love Jamaica and take as much refuge time as I can during the brutal NY winters BUT unfortunately, I am going to have to PAY to stay in very secured sea front places.  Living in a mountain-bound river-valley area, I treasure my time staying  directly on the ocean.  So much stuff that has  been happening in the past 5 + years... very heartbreaking.  A guard where I was staying was visibly totally upset when my friend and I left at 10 p.m. for a show at WAVS.  There seems to be too many twenty year old hoodigams  armed and dangerous, who will take $5000 JA to shoot anyone that a person has a grudge against.  

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - oldtimer - 04-06-2019

The weather is what I want/need at this time . My trips to Redground are few and far between now . I go and see Rag-a-Bones and a friend not far from there . In days gone by my ability to take care of myself was great . I rose up on things on the spot and could back it up. Now age being a big factor , and guns , have switched the switch to another level . There is little if any way to defend yourself . Stay out of trouble and don't let liquor drive the bus to bad places . In all the years I have been working/staying/visiting Jamaica I have personaly have NOT !!!! had trouble and that is way I don't venture out much now . I never thought I'd say it but with more and more places on the beach and a lot more security guards at the hotel bars during the day , a lot of the beach bums are being reined in . There is far less easy ways to get to the bars . This bullshit that it is all locals against locals is nuts .

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - Westenders - 04-06-2019

I can’t see the relevance of any of these crimes in terms of you all going to Negril.

The first two are very specific organised crime situations nothing to do with spikes , the summer , lack of money or the locale... no connection or risk to tourism in any of these incidents .

OT you captured the most factual statement.. nothing has happened to anyone on this board in all their travels

Local on local crime is a defunct term imo, the crime is in Jamaica affecting The communities who live there

Trawling up country wide news is pointless , bears no relevance to visiting Negril.

We travel all over Hanover and Westmoreland and have no problems

As Ive said before the old can’t just judge the young for being problematic in a general sense.

And if it did it is the older generation that paved the pathway for the young in any country including Jamaica.

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - oldtimer - 04-06-2019

I agree with you Westy..learned behavior ... But I can tell you this " if Tammy and I sat down for a half an hour I bet we could make a list of 25 people murdered in and around Negril that had nothing but good things in mind that were murdered in cold blood for money and land . But I do agree that much crime is within a certain circle and life/death arrive because of it .

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - wendy - 04-06-2019

OT....you "think" those were  murders of people that were good, in your eyes, u dont get murdered for nothing