The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Real upswing in violence lately - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Real upswing in violence lately (/showthread.php?tid=102461)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - oldtimer - 04-07-2019

To try to wrap this topic up for me , I have to agree with Westie and most of you guys it probably has to do with just being careful. In the 60's and early 70's you just stripped off , left your stuff on the beach and went swimming. In the middle 70's and up to the 90's you left your stuff with the bar tender. Then in the 90's and into the 2000's you did most of your swimming at your hotel and you started to taxi at night . Most of the people who get murdered ( IMHO ) are for their possessions and not robberies on the street corner .What I mean are women/men that buy land with partners/lovers and then boom ,it's all over rover . Expat's who just move there for a certain lifestyle. The dept murders for coke , cash pot are mostly done with the 2 wheel get away machines . This is the way I see it through the eyes of a becoming ( I hope ) old man . This has been a GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! discussion and I hope we have more on other topics . When we ( the members of the board ) use to have hot topics every month the board was very active . I miss that . Again THANKS GUYS for the civil imputs and opinions .

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - JonTom - 04-07-2019

Related to the stories in the original post:

Execution-Style Killing At Knutsford Express - One Victim Rushed To Hospital; Cops Probe British Link Up Connection

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20190407/execution-style-killing-knutsford-express-one-victim-rushed-hospital

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - Tim - 04-07-2019

To be clear, we have returned to Jamaica twice since that incident, and most likely will again. I just wanted to correct anyone that would suggest travelers are immune to crime. And this happened early evening right out in the open, within sight of the "security" of Margaritaville.

Our biggest reason for not being back a lot is the desire to see other places. Anyone that thinks Jamaica is "the" place to go is missing out on so much of the caribbean and Central America, not to mention the rest of the world. 7 more years to retirement.....

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - kylake - 04-12-2019

Quote: Jon Tom wrote: Related to the stories in the original post:
Jon Tom, we actually had a Jamaican/Canadian friend that was at the Kuntsford station in Kingston when this happened. He had gone over from Negril to get some surge protectors and was waiting to return when it happened. He said he along with many others got low to the floor when the shots rang out.

RE: Real upswing in violence lately - JonTom - 04-13-2019

"everybody get flat" as they say. Luckily I've never had to do so. I hope your friend is OK.