The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Heavy Vibe - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Heavy Vibe (/showthread.php?tid=102484)

Heavy Vibe - Firemon - 04-27-2019

All good discussions but the board vibe has been a bit serious lately so I wanted to offer an alternative in the form of a delightful song from 1971 (nearly 50 years ago) featuring the Roosevelt singers.  Here's "Heavy Reggae." Alternate title "Johnny Reggae."

RE: Heavy Vibe - Aquavit - 04-27-2019

I like the discussions of real life issues in Jamaica. The music is great no doubt but a gazillion posts of just that get old. I've enjoyed recent conversations that go deeper and I don't consider it a "heavy vibe" at all.

RE: Heavy Vibe - oldtimer - 04-27-2019

These few topics of late would never be discussed by Bobby and his one man band and I have enjoyed them a lot . I love the music and listen to all the suggestions by Firemon , Kylake and some others. In the past there were some really hot and wonderful topics that were fun . At the end of the day they are only opinions and I believe that most people here realize that and don't go away mad . I hope that some new voices will be heard . We don't bite , we just act like it ...hehehe If yo got something on your mind , let 'er rip bye !!!

RE: Heavy Vibe - Firemon - 04-27-2019

The featured novelty song reached #3 on the charts in Great Britain back in 1971 becoming one of reggae's first hits.  

Here's the B-side, an instrumental number called Smoking Wild, by the Hong Gang.  Reggae in it's infancy.

RE: Heavy Vibe - daniel - 04-28-2019

Really liked the tunes !
Also enjoy open discussions . I have always welcomed other view points , not afraid to admit  being educated and enlightened by differing opinions . I still live and grow daily . Respectful debate and discourse has always been my learning tool . No one talks anymore . 

RE: Heavy Vibe - TAH - 04-28-2019

I mostly stay out of discussions anymore because it so often just becomes a pissing contest about who has the deepest "roots" in Jamaica. It becomes tedious, and not very fun to discuss anything at that point. Other sites have this problem more than this board, but it's present here as well. Just not as in your face. Hive mind/ group think dynamics are another issue. Not sure how to really overcome that. I do appreciate that people here can say what they think, without being censored. That's the only way to have a real, honest discussion about anything, doesn't matter the topic or sensitivity. 

RE: Heavy Vibe - Aquavit - 04-28-2019

In recent discussions I feel the need to "big up" the group - all experienced, all in different ways and all contributing useful and though provoking information.

The tunes are great no doubt - but a mix of everything is great too - including where to get the cheapest beer lol.