The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
She's blowin' a gale so... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: She's blowin' a gale so... (/showthread.php?tid=102488)

She's blowin' a gale so... - oldtimer - 04-29-2019

no lobster traps set today . Hopefully tomorrow but it is just blowin' less . To many young lives lost over the years for nothing .

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - kylake - 04-29-2019

Patience is usually rewarded with additional age, with age you are rewarded wisdom, wisdom circles back around to knowing when to use patience.

Good luck and be safe.

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - JonTom - 04-29-2019

and from "Its A Wonderful Life":
'Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people.'

Admitting I always thought he said "youth is wasted on the young", which doesn't make any sense, but that's what I thought.

Stay safe O.T.

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - oldtimer - 04-29-2019

patience and fishing some how aren't on the same page...........but should be . Hopefully all will be safe on Thursday .

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - Firemon - 04-29-2019

We had white-out snow globe conditions starting around midnight last night thru early afternoon today.  Almost a comical amount of snow was coming down for hours and hours.  Dogs loved it.  Me not so much.  Was looking forward to Spring.  I don't want to be shoveling snow in May.  Fishing opener in two weeks.  Lakes largely free of ice.  And I'm boat shopping.  Tow vehicle (Jeep Liberty) kinda small so that rules out a pontoon party boat. Sad

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - oldtimer - 04-30-2019

Boat shopping eh ! A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into . It's hard to find 2nd hand anything close to the US border here in Canada . The $ difference is so great that your ( as a US'er ) getting a 25% discount before you start. Check the Canadian prices before you buy . Your not that far from the border.

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - Firemon - 04-30-2019

It's been recommended I buy a 14 ft with a 15 hp.  Together with trailer $1,500-$2,000.  I took one out last season and honestly didn't enjoy having to hang onto the throttle with one arm behind my back.  Would rather have a steering wheel vessel even if they cost (a bit but not too much) more so long as it's not too heavy for my tow vehicle.  So, I'm keeping my eyes on the local trading post notices at the Fat Chicken Feed Store.  

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - oldtimer - 04-30-2019

Perfect !!!!!!

RE: She's blowin' a gale so... - kylake - 05-06-2019

Firemon, B.O.A.T. (bring out another thousand)
That said the kind of boat you are seeking is not that expensive. I suggest looking for an old vintage Alumacraft. I have an old one with a 35 hp that has been drydocked for years but it was a great boat when I used it. Actually the first boat I ever owned.
[attachment=2887]